My band is getting together as whole for the 1st time in 22 years, opening for DRI..

DARKMETL/

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Crossover originated from a few punk bands who actually gave a {censored} about their sound, and kinda picked up on what metal guys were doing. English Dogs, GBH, and Discharge were some of the first, along with COC, Agnostic front, Suicidal Tendencies, Dayglo Abortions and DRI. These bands all started out as essentially punk bands. It's amazing to think that this all happened 30 years ago!! I liked DRI, and saw them a few times, but they weren't my favorite. When SOD Speak English or Die came out in 1985, that just blew my {censored}ing mind.

• Members

Crossover originated from a few punk bands who actually gave a {censored} about their sound, and kinda picked up on what metal guys were doing. English Dogs, GBH, and Discharge were some of the first, along with COC, Agnostic front, Suicidal Tendencies, Dayglo Abortions and DRI. These bands all started out as essentially punk bands. It's amazing to think that this all happened 30 years ago!! I liked DRI, and saw them a few times, but they weren't my favorite. When SOD Speak English or Die came out in 1985, that just blew my {censored}ing mind.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato

View Post

Suicidal and SOD were awesome, but they had far greater instrumental abilities than most bands of this style. Crossover bands were fast, but imo diverse or skilled at their instruments they were not. Not that that is a bad thing, mind you m/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rey Gato

View Post

Suicidal and SOD were awesome, but they had far greater instrumental abilities than most bands of this style. Crossover bands were fast, but imo diverse or skilled at their instruments they were not. Not that that is a bad thing, mind you m/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

Really? Grew up on it. It was the thing to be into if you were into any aggressive, heavy music at the time ala Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies and punk/hardcore scene of the mid/late 80's. Sorry if you weren't there. You can move on, obviously nothing to see here for you. I used to be in a band at that time that played in that sort of scene. Sorry we aren't all 23 years old at the moment.

I wish I was still 23. I was around but I don't remember this band. That said, there were a million bands like this at the time, hence my comment.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

Really? Grew up on it. It was the thing to be into if you were into any aggressive, heavy music at the time ala Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies and punk/hardcore scene of the mid/late 80's. Sorry if you weren't there. You can move on, obviously nothing to see here for you. I used to be in a band at that time that played in that sort of scene. Sorry we aren't all 23 years old at the moment.

I wish I was still 23. I was around but I don't remember this band. That said, there were a million bands like this at the time, hence my comment.

• Members

Marshall. Cranked.

Were seeing that tour on 2/1 here in Portland. Lost count how many times I've seen D.R.I. live....but they {censored}ing bring it, every {censored}ing time. Just a great live band.

Get drunk, play loud, play fast and have fun.

• Members

Marshall. Cranked.

Were seeing that tour on 2/1 here in Portland. Lost count how many times I've seen D.R.I. live....but they {censored}ing bring it, every {censored}ing time. Just a great live band.

Get drunk, play loud, play fast and have fun.

• Members

The correct answer is slave the .50 Cal into the Triple Rec. this way, the preamp of the .50 Cal will track tighter than the Triple, but the Triple's power section will make your tone sound massive. I probably would have said go with the Sig X, but they sound too dry IMO...

• Members

The correct answer is slave the .50 Cal into the Triple Rec. this way, the preamp of the .50 Cal will track tighter than the Triple, but the Triple's power section will make your tone sound massive. I probably would have said go with the Sig X, but they sound too dry IMO...

Archived