My band is getting together as whole for the 1st time in 22 years, opening for DRI..

DARKMETL/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN

View Post

I got the invite on facebook and I would like to go, just kind of depends on my schedule. Weirdly enough, the band i played in for 5 years is doing a show and that is the week our singer comes back for practice. He lives in Ohio so it has been a challenge getting our ducks in a row. If I do end up going, I will make sure to introduce myself.

Great, sounds good, I know we have had multiple discussions here before so it would be cool to have a beer or two with ya.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN

View Post

I got the invite on facebook and I would like to go, just kind of depends on my schedule. Weirdly enough, the band i played in for 5 years is doing a show and that is the week our singer comes back for practice. He lives in Ohio so it has been a challenge getting our ducks in a row. If I do end up going, I will make sure to introduce myself.

Great, sounds good, I know we have had multiple discussions here before so it would be cool to have a beer or two with ya.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor

View Post

That sounds like a "heavy metal" song from a bad 80s B-movie. Where do you guys find this stuff?

Really? Grew up on it. It was the thing to be into if you were into any aggressive, heavy music at the time ala Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies and punk/hardcore scene of the mid/late 80's. Sorry if you weren't there. You can move on, obviously nothing to see here for you. I used to be in a band at that time that played in that sort of scene. Sorry we aren't all 23 years old at the moment.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor

View Post

That sounds like a "heavy metal" song from a bad 80s B-movie. Where do you guys find this stuff?

Really? Grew up on it. It was the thing to be into if you were into any aggressive, heavy music at the time ala Metallica, Slayer, Suicidal Tendencies and punk/hardcore scene of the mid/late 80's. Sorry if you weren't there. You can move on, obviously nothing to see here for you. I used to be in a band at that time that played in that sort of scene. Sorry we aren't all 23 years old at the moment.

• Members

Once upon a time, you had your punks and you had your metal guys. The two never met. And kind of hated one another. And then bands like DRI started coming around (and groups local to me like Burn It Down), and they really bridged that gap. I'm not saying DRI are perfect, but I have held them close for years. This is a cool chance for a band to do a reunion show, for sure.

I'd do like you said, personally. See what the other guitar player is using, and then choose accordingly. If it was me, I'd boost the SL-X, but that's probably what I'd say no matter what you're playing.

• Members

Once upon a time, you had your punks and you had your metal guys. The two never met. And kind of hated one another. And then bands like DRI started coming around (and groups local to me like Burn It Down), and they really bridged that gap. I'm not saying DRI are perfect, but I have held them close for years. This is a cool chance for a band to do a reunion show, for sure.

I'd do like you said, personally. See what the other guitar player is using, and then choose accordingly. If it was me, I'd boost the SL-X, but that's probably what I'd say no matter what you're playing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid9

View Post

Dammit, that's a Thursday night. Darkmetl, can you get it all rescheduled to Friday so I can go? icon_lol.gif

I'll see what I can do................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................................................

Nope, no go, sorry. Don't be a bitch. Take off work friday smile.gif

• Members

View Post

Dammit, that's a Thursday night. Darkmetl, can you get it all rescheduled to Friday so I can go? icon_lol.gif

I'll see what I can do................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..................................

Nope, no go, sorry. Don't be a bitch. Take off work friday smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

This. Crossover was for the times when you didn't necessarily want the technicality of speed metal but you wanted the speed and aggression. There was good and bad, DRI being probably the best I would say.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

This. Crossover was for the times when you didn't necessarily want the technicality of speed metal but you wanted the speed and aggression. There was good and bad, DRI being probably the best I would say.

• Members

View Post

In the relative sense of people on a forum, yes. In reality, not super close. I'm down Peoria way.

Cool. I lived in Moline for a year or so. Sometimes I forget that forumites exist in the real world and some actually within close proximity lol

• Members

View Post

In the relative sense of people on a forum, yes. In reality, not super close. I'm down Peoria way.

Cool. I lived in Moline for a year or so. Sometimes I forget that forumites exist in the real world and some actually within close proximity lol

Archived