My band is getting together as whole for the 1st time in 22 years, opening for DRI..

DARKMETL/

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.

I would think about which one is the most simple and reliable for what you play. Which one would put you most at ease knowing it does the job with little fuss. The Rectos can get pretty fizzy easily if the knobs are tweaked even a little, so maybe I'd avoid that one if I were worried about my settings getting unintentionally adjusted. The SL-X is pretty simple, plug and play.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by DARKMETL/

View Post

I know they all would work, thats the problem unfortunately! I don't know which way to go, lol.

I would think about which one is the most simple and reliable for what you play. Which one would put you most at ease knowing it does the job with little fuss. The Rectos can get pretty fizzy easily if the knobs are tweaked even a little, so maybe I'd avoid that one if I were worried about my settings getting unintentionally adjusted. The SL-X is pretty simple, plug and play.

• Members

I guess I might see what our other guitar player is going to use as well and make sure that I use something different. I haven't even talked to him yet about this whole thing and we practice for the first time monday. I am a little worried about him, he hasn't thought about this stuff for 22 years and has been playing bass lately, whereas I wrote a bunch of the stuff or at least know it all really well still. Here is my other guitar players new band The Horde...

• Members

I guess I might see what our other guitar player is going to use as well and make sure that I use something different. I haven't even talked to him yet about this whole thing and we practice for the first time monday. I am a little worried about him, he hasn't thought about this stuff for 22 years and has been playing bass lately, whereas I wrote a bunch of the stuff or at least know it all really well still. Here is my other guitar players new band The Horde...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN

View Post

^Who is your other guitar player? Is it Paul on drums and Joe on bass?

Yes on Paul and Joe and Jerry from the Horde (bass) is playing 2nd guitar. I think John Hopkins who does sound for COC is doing sound for us which should be cool....

• Members

View Post

^Who is your other guitar player? Is it Paul on drums and Joe on bass?

Yes on Paul and Joe and Jerry from the Horde (bass) is playing 2nd guitar. I think John Hopkins who does sound for COC is doing sound for us which should be cool....

• Members

View Post

Sweet! Jerry has plenty of gear to choose from from what I hear smile.gif I play in a band with Hopkins brother. John is a good dude and a killer soundman. I was going to post my preference of DRI versus COC (in their crossover era, at least)

Very cool, maybe you could make the show? Feb 21st RIBCO, Rock Island IL.

DRIposterW.jpg

• Members

View Post

Sweet! Jerry has plenty of gear to choose from from what I hear smile.gif I play in a band with Hopkins brother. John is a good dude and a killer soundman. I was going to post my preference of DRI versus COC (in their crossover era, at least)

Very cool, maybe you could make the show? Feb 21st RIBCO, Rock Island IL.

DRIposterW.jpg

• Members

I got the invite on facebook and I would like to go, just kind of depends on my schedule. Weirdly enough, the band i played in for 5 years is doing a show and that is the week our singer comes back for practice. He lives in Ohio so it has been a challenge getting our ducks in a row. If I do end up going, I will make sure to introduce myself.

• Members

I got the invite on facebook and I would like to go, just kind of depends on my schedule. Weirdly enough, the band i played in for 5 years is doing a show and that is the week our singer comes back for practice. He lives in Ohio so it has been a challenge getting our ducks in a row. If I do end up going, I will make sure to introduce myself.

Archived