Just did the C12 mod on my DSL

guitarbilly74

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
idn_smilie.gif I don't remember what the clean channel on the 600 sounds like. I like the 600 drive channel quite a bit though.
I do too. It sounds good and I'm surprised by how much gain it has available too since I knew it wasn't as high gain as the DSL or TSL.

I still want to play a DSL someday. Glad you're loving it. thumb.gif

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74 View Post
idn_smilie.gif I don't remember what the clean channel on the 600 sounds like. I like the 600 drive channel quite a bit though.
I do too. It sounds good and I'm surprised by how much gain it has available too since I knew it wasn't as high gain as the DSL or TSL.

I still want to play a DSL someday. Glad you're loving it. thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle View Post
Awesome!
That was always my issue with the red channel, you could never dial in a great sound for both green crunch and red.
Maybe its time for another...

Fully agree, best cleans on any Marshall I ever played.
yep, one of the reason I sold my old one... if I only knew of this mod back then I'd have kept it.

With this mod, this amp is hard to beat for Marshall tones.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle View Post
Awesome!
That was always my issue with the red channel, you could never dial in a great sound for both green crunch and red.
Maybe its time for another...

Fully agree, best cleans on any Marshall I ever played.
yep, one of the reason I sold my old one... if I only knew of this mod back then I'd have kept it.

With this mod, this amp is hard to beat for Marshall tones.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Killa J

View Post

I'm gonna have to do this to my DSL. And I also want to do the mod to make the crunch footswitchable with a separate volume. That will make it tough to beat.

if you do the C12 mod, you won't need the footswitchable crunch mod. Just set the green for cleans and the red for crunch, it will sound exactly like the green crunch (but with the possibility of more gain) and you can simply switch between channels.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Killa J

View Post

I'm gonna have to do this to my DSL. And I also want to do the mod to make the crunch footswitchable with a separate volume. That will make it tough to beat.

if you do the C12 mod, you won't need the footswitchable crunch mod. Just set the green for cleans and the red for crunch, it will sound exactly like the green crunch (but with the possibility of more gain) and you can simply switch between channels.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah, you did. Good call on this one, it makes the amp 10x better smile.gif

One thing I noticed is, at least on mine, you gotta crank the gain a couple more notches to get the gain you had Pre-mod.

Archived