Just did the C12 mod on my DSL

guitarbilly74

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guitarbilly74

View Post

yeah, you did. Good call on this one, it makes the amp 10x better smile.gif

One thing I noticed is, at least on mine, you gotta crank the gain a couple more notches to get the gain you had Pre-mod.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by atrox

View Post

One thing I noticed is, at least on mine, you gotta crank the gain a couple more notches to get the gain you had Pre-mod.

yeah, I noticed that too, which is fine because they have a {censored} ton of gain to begin with... I now have my gain on 6.5 instead of 5. No biggie smile.gif

• Members

View Post

yeah, I noticed that too, which is fine because they have a {censored} ton of gain to begin with... I now have my gain on 6.5 instead of 5. No biggie smile.gif

• Members

So, the C12 cap, for some reason, acts like a bright cap on the gain control (not the volume). Which is weird. And I'm not sure why it's there in the first place. idn_smilie.gif Maybe so people will say it sounds like {censored} at low volumes like most of the good Marshall's. Regardless, this mod really makes the amp more usable and better at lower volumes.

• Members

So, the C12 cap, for some reason, acts like a bright cap on the gain control (not the volume). Which is weird. And I'm not sure why it's there in the first place. idn_smilie.gif Maybe so people will say it sounds like {censored} at low volumes like most of the good Marshall's. Regardless, this mod really makes the amp more usable and better at lower volumes.

• Members

View Post

Beats me idn_smilie.gif but Marshall is notorious for adding bright caps that are not needed...old plexi's (1959, 1987) are the same way.

• Members

View Post

Beats me idn_smilie.gif but Marshall is notorious for adding bright caps that are not needed...old plexi's (1959, 1987) are the same way.

• Members

View Post

Right, but those are on the volumes right? To me, that sort of makes sense even though I took mine off my 2203.

• Members

View Post

Right, but those are on the volumes right? To me, that sort of makes sense even though I took mine off my 2203.

• Members

View Post

yeah they're on the volumes... which makes more sense EXCEPT that people clip them off anyway, because they sound better without it. icon_lol.gif I don't know what the deal is with Marshall and their bright caps lol

• Members

View Post

yeah they're on the volumes... which makes more sense EXCEPT that people clip them off anyway, because they sound better without it. icon_lol.gif I don't know what the deal is with Marshall and their bright caps lol

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by riffy

View Post

Mine is now gone too! I FREAKIN' LOVE it... I boost the lead channel anyway....rofl

I love same tone and fatness, just added gain! Beauty!

Now it really screams with the Bad Monkey!

Gary

thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by riffy

View Post

Mine is now gone too! I FREAKIN' LOVE it... I boost the lead channel anyway....rofl

I love same tone and fatness, just added gain! Beauty!

Now it really screams with the Bad Monkey!

Gary

thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

That mod is essential in my opinion. It really does make it feel more like an extension of the green/crunch channel!

I didn't realize you picked up a DSL though Billy idn_smilie.gif It is such a solid sounding amp!

Cole

yeah I bought a VH100R but it arrived here broken... I returned it and couldn't find a good deal on another one so I decided to pick up a DSL.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by colejustesen

View Post

That mod is essential in my opinion. It really does make it feel more like an extension of the green/crunch channel!

I didn't realize you picked up a DSL though Billy idn_smilie.gif It is such a solid sounding amp!

Cole

yeah I bought a VH100R but it arrived here broken... I returned it and couldn't find a good deal on another one so I decided to pick up a DSL.

Archived