Just did the C12 mod on my DSL

guitarbilly74

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

interesting.. the only part of a dsl i DIDN'T like, was the red channel. welp.. now if i ever need a louder amp, i know where to go, and what to do.

recorded a cat with a dsl a few years back, and he played a lotta cleans with a nice 70's strat. that amp sounded freakin' lovely, and his dirt tones were nice-- but he never used the red channel. may have to let him know about this, 'cause he hated the sound of that channel too! icon_lol.gif

• Members

interesting.. the only part of a dsl i DIDN'T like, was the red channel. welp.. now if i ever need a louder amp, i know where to go, and what to do.

recorded a cat with a dsl a few years back, and he played a lotta cleans with a nice 70's strat. that amp sounded freakin' lovely, and his dirt tones were nice-- but he never used the red channel. may have to let him know about this, 'cause he hated the sound of that channel too! icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by charveldan View Post
C12 is a cap is this a "brite cap" mod ?
Did you read the thread?

It's a bright cap on the gain control. So yes it is technically a bright cap, but functions differently than a typical Marshall bright cap.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by charveldan View Post
C12 is a cap is this a "brite cap" mod ?
Did you read the thread?

It's a bright cap on the gain control. So yes it is technically a bright cap, but functions differently than a typical Marshall bright cap.

Archived