It just so happens I'm a "known spammer"

jhall

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

does this occur? i havent experienced it. and who DOESNT have gmail these days?

I usually only see it on CL - seems like EVERY spammer on there has a gmail account - and some people won't reply to ANY gmail inquiries.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D

View Post

does this occur? i havent experienced it. and who DOESNT have gmail these days?

I usually only see it on CL - seems like EVERY spammer on there has a gmail account - and some people won't reply to ANY gmail inquiries.

• Members

No, My point is that I've NEVER attemptd to send unsolicited e-mails to ANYBODY. I also don't attempt to make money off the internets

at all. The only thing I've ever done is sell off a couple old amps on ebay years ago and an amp or two over my local craigslist.

In fact I've done way more buying than selling. I'm wondering if my E-mail or IP was hijacked. Is there a way to find out?

• Members

No, My point is that I've NEVER attemptd to send unsolicited e-mails to ANYBODY. I also don't attempt to make money off the internets

at all. The only thing I've ever done is sell off a couple old amps on ebay years ago and an amp or two over my local craigslist.

In fact I've done way more buying than selling. I'm wondering if my E-mail or IP was hijacked. Is there a way to find out?

• Members

Some spammers have started using email addresses of their usual spam list victims as the return address. Most places don't go so far as to look at the actual originating address and just blacklist the one shown in the reply to block. I've only had it happen once on my gmail account. They're pretty good at flagging spam. Try Yahoo email. It's a joke. I still use a Yahoo email account I've had for over 20 years and it gets a ton of spam, mostly from people with - wait for it - yahoo addresses (actual ones, not just "reply to" ones).

• Members

Some spammers have started using email addresses of their usual spam list victims as the return address. Most places don't go so far as to look at the actual originating address and just blacklist the one shown in the reply to block. I've only had it happen once on my gmail account. They're pretty good at flagging spam. Try Yahoo email. It's a joke. I still use a Yahoo email account I've had for over 20 years and it gets a ton of spam, mostly from people with - wait for it - yahoo addresses (actual ones, not just "reply to" ones).

Archived