Body building dudes ... What's your goal?

isvoid

• Members

The beginning of march I was 205-210lbs, 38" jean size (the shame was palpable
:o
). At 5'7" that ain't a pretty picture. GROSS.

My rough goal was/is to drop down to about 170-175, 31-32 inch jean size, physique something like the heavy side of a middle weight fighter I guess.

I'm currently 183, 33" jean size. I'm over 1/2 way there.
:)

Thats awesome.

My main goal is to get back into the shape I was in 7-8 years ago. I started the year at 235, and stayed at 230 for a long time because I was lifting heavy 5 times a week. Ive kinda readjusted my goals, though...my frame wont naturally hold a lot of muscle, so I figure maybe I shouldnt be working so hard to try to get big, so now Im working hard to try to lose the fat that Ive gained over the last 6 years or so. In the last 10 weeks, Ive lost 15 pounds...down to 215 now and my jeans and work pants are too big now. My goal by the end of the year is to get back down to 200, and try to maintain that. I wanna look healthy, like I once did, and feel confident to walk around with no shirt, cuz Im a lazy bum, and I got used to walking around shirless and shoeless in college...I miss those days, and I wanna get back to that lazy FL mentality. Im getting there.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My main goal is to get back into the shape I was in 7-8 years ago. I started the year at 235, and stayed at 230 for a long time because I was lifting heavy 5 times a week. Ive kinda readjusted my goals, though...my frame wont naturally hold a lot of muscle, so I figure maybe I shouldnt be working so hard to try to get big, so now Im working hard to try to lose the fat that Ive gained over the last 6 years or so. In the last 10 weeks, Ive lost 15 pounds...down to 215 now and my jeans and work pants are too big now. My goal by the end of the year is to get back down to 200, and try to maintain that. I wanna look healthy, like I once did, and feel confident to walk around with no shirt, cuz Im a lazy bum, and I got used to walking around shirless and shoeless in college...I miss those days, and I wanna get back to that lazy FL mentality. Im getting there.

I hear ya, tho for me the rewind is more like 15 years. :facepalm: Being able to be shirtless and feel confident women like what they're seeing is definitely highly motivating. Go Raf go, maintain that momentum. :thu:

• Members

ATM getting back on the horse is my goal. had some health issues / scares i had to get sorted out and in that time i put on pounds like a fat girl locked in a fat burger. however once i get back on it id like to have retarded strength and somewhere in between 12-17% body fat. im not a fan of abs cause i get that disgusting V {censored} pointing at my muff. :lol:

• Members

I don't really have one. I started because I wanted to help relieve some stress and lose weight (a little over 60 pounds :o ). I've accomplished those goals, but still lift just for fun. Any gains I see are really just tertiary at this point. :idk:

• Members

ATM getting back on the horse is my goal. had some health issues / scares i had to get sorted out and in that time i put on pounds like a fat girl locked in a fat burger. however once i get back on it id like to have retarded strength and somewhere in between 12-17% body fat. im not a fan of abs cause i get that disgusting V {censored} pointing at my muff.
:lol:

Disgusting? Chicks love that, man.

• Members

My goal is to hit the gym, consistently, 3-4 times a week.

I have a job and a kid so I don't exactly have the time available to look like I did when I was 21 (and was single, taking time off from college, and working two days a week). If I can be consistent, I'll end up in better shape than I'm in right now (6', 205, 19% bf).

All I need to be is better than I am.

Then repeat ad infinitum.

• Members

my goal is to walk around the beach w/ no shirt, and have your girlfriend getting wet checking me out, forgetting what you and her were just talking about. i pull this off regularly on 6's and some 7's, occasionally an 8, rarely a 9. would like to get most 7's and 8's getting their panties wet accidentally ignoring their boyfriends while 'mirin my body.

This sums it up nicely :thu:

• Members

At first, it was to improve my quality of life and overcome depression.

Then, it was about the looks.

Lately, it has been about the whole vegetarian thing.

My progress on cutting and getting big has been greatly attributed to my diet, which consists of little to no meat :

TheBodyProject2011.jpg

:love:

• Members

That's pretty awesome. How long did it take to achieve your initial goals -- and how lofty were they?

I started in my teens, which was pre-Arnold. At that time, everybody KNEW it was bad for you. Didn't feel bad to me, so I kept on keeping on. I'm about 6 feet with a build that can go bodybuilding or powerlifting, so I did both. BB first. In the early days, the deal was 18 inch arms, 50 inch chest. I got that in my early 20's, and kept it from then on. Started powerlifting in the service in my 30's and did pretty well at that. Laid off for 13 years from age 37 to 50, tried jogging, didn't get the same rush as I got from lifting. Ran into the gym, and started back up again. Finally broke 19 inches with my arms at 55 years of age. 61 now, and I just dropped 50 pounds for health reasons. Still got 18 and 50. Got a 405 bench clean, too. Not now, though. I'm strictly bodybuilding these days, and happy to still be doing it. Keep your goals in line with the reality of your body and you'll reach them if you stay healthy. As an aside, if any of you guys have Netflix, check out Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Anybody who lifts should see it.

• Members

At first, it was to improve my quality of life and overcome depression.

Then, it was about the looks.

Lately, it has been about the whole vegetarian thing.

My progress on cutting and getting big has been greatly attributed to my diet, which consists of little to no meat :

TheBodyProject2011.jpg

:love:

You and Theehammer twins?

• Members

Eh.. I'm pretty tired of talking about weightlifting. I see people get fired up about it, go to the gym for 6 months... maybe even a year... and then they disappear. I'm still in there.... year after year.... consistently.

Goal? None. Continue to destroy the iron I suppose. I don't think or talk about it much anymore. I just do it.

Actually I have to leave because it is time to weightlift. Bye.

• Members

I went for option three here.

Right now my short term goals are to get a six pack and add some mass everywhere else (counter productive I know).

Not looking to gain a ton as I don't have the build to be very big.

Here's a pic from a couple weeks ago when I was just working out at home, I'm now 2 weeks into going to the gym 5 days a week.

262681_10150206176465563_678335562_76685

Basically this started out as an attempt at fixing my constant low energy.

Started running and slowly but surely kept upping my distance as well as my endurance and speed.

After a month and a half I started adding in additional cardio stuff, P90X ab ripper, and some push ups and what not.

A month and a half after that was the pic you see above.

Like I said I'm now halfway through my second week of lifting and damn is it hard but I think I'm doing well. Really focusing on form and doing things right over number of reps or insane weight.

Ultimately my goal is to get a good amount of muscle but to have it super defined and lean as {censored}, kinda like this guy. (I decided this was a goal after seeing a movie with him in it recently)

lee-byung-hun-shirtless.jpg

After I gain the mass I'm looking for and begin to cut I want to get my cardio abilities back up VERY high. Not sure on the specific goals of that yet but I'll figure out what those are when the time comes.

Of course the looks and women thing is a factor for me however I did not expect the mental and emotional health benefits I've gotten. Stress level insanely low, I'm overall more mellow when I want to be and more energetic when I want that, self confidence is higher than ever, and I just feel GOOD everyday now both mentally and physically.

The benefits have been fantastic and I'm getting to the point to where I really like working out because I like how I feel afterward.

• Members

Eh.. I'm pretty tired of talking about weightlifting. I see people get fired up about it, go to the gym for 6 months... maybe even a year... and then they disappear. I'm still in there.... year after year.... consistently.

Goal? None. Continue to destroy the iron I suppose. I don't think or talk about it much anymore. I just do it.

Actually I have to leave because it is time to weightlift. Bye.

BTW thanks again for your routine.

I'm starting to get things figured out and as of today's workout it seems to be doing well for me.

Seriously thanks again for passing me that write up.

• Members

Ultimately my goal is to get a good amount of muscle but to have it super defined and lean as {censored}, kinda like this guy. (I decided this was a goal after seeing a movie with him in it recently)

lee-byung-hun-shirtless.jpg

I'd say that looks very doable for you.

• Members

K-Biz, you could do that easy. Gain big time this winter. Gain, and lift HARD. Then cut right when it gets a bit warm outside, you could look like that if you do it right.

And yes, Thee Hammer and I are known twins on this board.

• Members

My definitive goal is 195-200 pounds (I'm 6'1") and around 7% body fat. Shooting for as perfect proportion as I can create and with good strength. At that point I'm going to just maintain it.

I'm hardly a body builder, haven't been to the gym all summer (its so much easier at school where it was 1 minute away and free :facepalm:) but this pretty much exactly. Also want to get my cardio back together, maybe start running 5/10k's again

• Members

Not really.

Interesting.

Wish it had a bit more on how to balance cardio and lifting, this is something I'm having a hard time figuring out how to balance.

Basically I love cardio because I'm a skinny {censored} and therefore good at it but have cut back drastically for fear of fighting myself and undoing the work I'm putting into lifting.

Its frustrating that there is so much conflicting information out there regarding this {censored}.

• Members

my aim is a bit more weight gain and add a bit of girth to my arms, the rest of me is fine but i was cursed with small hands and wrists, so getting the power into my arms is difficult. I'm a pretty odd shape, i've got powerful shoulders, small arms and an average chest, so my aim is to balance it out a bit.

Archived