SS Posse!

Shask

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Think I finally found what I am looking for. Even better than a combo (since I can customize a cab now)...

http://www.award-session.com/jd10spec.html

Tuner out, XLR out, runs on any 9-16V DC adapter, speaker sim for DI, and amazing cleans and mid-level gain which is nearly impossible to find on SS gear.

I could use the XLR and output jack at the same time to run W/D/W from a single preamp. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Caulk Rocket

View Post

Think I finally found what I am looking for. Even better than a combo (since I can customize a cab now)...

http://www.award-session.com/jd10spec.html

Tuner out, XLR out, runs on any 9-16V DC adapter, speaker sim for DI, and amazing cleans and mid-level gain which is nearly impossible to find on SS gear.

I could use the XLR and output jack at the same time to run W/D/W from a single preamp. biggrin.gif

Some pretty interesting stuff.

• Members

Morley released a very old version designed by Award decades ago. The new version has more output options and has a voicing switch and has a high-gain modern setting (or so they claim). Even if it's not usable, it has a super clean which I can throw a box in front of. It's a win-win.

Price is $169. Sounds like a steal for all it does.

• Members

View Post

The Zvex nano is so overpriced it belongs on TGP only! icon_lol.gif

The Powerblock seems like a good idea, but it doesn't seem like a straigh up power amp as you can plug your guitar right into it wouthout a pre.

Yeah, you can, you just plug into the FX return, like you would any FX loop amp...

• Members

Since that pre has a cab sim, I might throw that in front of a Tech 21 Power Engine. Then I won't need to shop around for a power amp + cab. And the Power Engine is only about $300, which is way cheaper than the other option.

That rig would have no rack and no need for mics. cool.gif

• Members

View Post

Feckin eBay...

People acting like it's some vintage {censored}. Ridiculous prices.

The Crate?

I almost bought one when they were going for $75, but couldnt justify it, because I didnt have a use for it.

Archived