SS Posse!

Shask

• Members

Here soon, i'm gonna try and get my car repainted. I still never did that. I let a couple of my friends drive it, and it seems like the only people that like it, are teenagers lol. Most people are like "its too small." Its a two seater sports car. Of course its small.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Took apart the little Randall Scott Ian combo I bought a few years back. Speaker says G12T-75 to my surprise. I only paid $50 for the amp, I could get more than that for the speaker. The enclosure got trashed in shipping because the idiot I bought it from used newspaper. Maybe I could take out the guts and make it into a mini head...

• Members

Nowheres the best. Then I can do what I want lol. I'm tired of living around a million people, and watching the cops arrest my neighbors every weekend. They had cops, fire trucks and everybody at my one neighbors last night. Last week I got a notice saying there was a crime spree in our neighborhood. Good thing i'm too poor to rob.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Shask

View Post

LOL, My neighborhood has housewives walking around with little pink weights everywhere. No cops here thumb.gif

My mom lives like 45 minutes from a town in Tennessee. Drives me crazy when we visit.

One cool thing is my Brother plays drums.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Caulk Rocket

View Post

Anyone here own that little combo? I thought they were supposed to have cheap {censored} speakers in them...

Gonna rip it out and put it in a lopo cab. No need for a new cab w/ speaker...

Yea, that can't be the stock speaker.

• Members

Well, I did something unexpected today. I was near Guitar Center, so I just popped in for a minute, for the hell of it, and I forgot they had the BBE Green Screamer on sale, so I couldn't walk out without grabbing one facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

How are you liking that 3120?

It's really cool, the EL34s really make the tone of the amp. It's not as brutal as the Fireball, but way more versatile. Also, I don't feel like I need to boost it to get a tight enough rhythm tone.

Quote Originally Posted by HELSTRUME

View Post

The E-1 from AMT has been released. It might be cool. I'm still looking at getting either a D activator, or a X2N.

I still have the P1 in a bin somewhere, need to sell it. icon_lol.gif I would try out the E1, but I have an Engl now. facepalm.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiro

View Post

It's really cool, the EL34s really make the tone of the amp. It's not as brutal as the Fireball, but way more versatile. Also, I don't feel like I need to boost it to get a tight enough rhythm tone.

I still have the P1 in a bin somewhere, need to sell it. icon_lol.gif I would try out the E1, but I have an Engl now. facepalm.gif

Cool.

I am not sure I would like the El34's. Actually, I am thinking about putting some 6L6's in my JCM800 clone. I wonder what it would sound like biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

Cool.

I am not sure I would like the El34's. Actually, I am thinking about putting some 6L6's in my JCM800 clone. I wonder what it would sound like biggrin.gif

I like this amp more than the 6L6(XXX) version. The EL34's give it that crunch in the mids, and with the active EQ you can add a little bass without it getting all muddy. thumb.gif

• Members

Cool you like it. You like it better than the 5150 II?

I always thought the XXX sounded pretty decent.

I have really been focusing on power tubes lately. I dont really know why, lol. I am starting to like a looser, bassier sound. Like Nevermore or similar.

I have been playing my JCM800 clone a lot. It has a depth control, and I have been maxing that lately, but it is still pretty tight with that mid crunch. I am interested to see if 6L6's alone make it into a looser, bassier amp. I dont know if it will be that drastic, but I am still curious, lol.

I did try the 6L6/EL34 combo in my Mark III, and I like 4X6L6 much better.

I thought about trying KT77's or 6550's also. But, I have 6L6's, so that is a free experiment icon_lol.gif

• Members

I like them both about the same, but the 3120 has the 3 channels, makes it easier to get high gain rhythm and lead tones. smile.gif

I've decided to drop some KT77s in this, just to see if I like them in it. They're very cool tubes. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Arent the KT77's supposed to replace EL34's, but tonally be somewhere in between the 2?

Id like to try the 6550's, but dont feel like rewiring for them, and also paying for them, lol.

They have a little be more low end than an EL34, but not as much as a 6L6. Still have the crunchy mids, and the highs are smooth. I figure: I liked them in the Laney, should like them in this. icon_lol.gif

• Members

So, a bassy EL34 then icon_lol.gif

Yeah, you should like them. I assume it is like putting the resonance on loose. Doesnt that amp still have the 3-way switch?

That still makes me wanna try a 6L6 in a JCM800. It seems like that is what I want to hear out of it. I think it would still have a lot of crunchy mids, just because of the circuitry.

I dont know why I have thought about power tubes a lot lately. I have even been looking at rack power amps facepalm.gif

• Members

View Post

So, a bassy EL34 then icon_lol.gif

Yeah, you should like them. I assume it is like putting the resonance on loose. Doesnt that amp still have the 3-way switch?

That still makes me wanna try a 6L6 in a JCM800. It seems like that is what I want to hear out of it. I think it would still have a lot of crunchy mids, just because of the circuitry.

I dont know why I have thought about power tubes a lot lately. I have even been looking at rack power amps facepalm.gif

Yeah, it still has the switch. I usually leave it in medium or tight though.

• Members

You should try it in loose biggrin.gif

That has been my new thing recently. Running the resonance on 10, and then dialing in less bass with the bass knob. (Instead of the other way around like I used to do).

• Members

I took my clone apart with the intention of putting in the 6L6's. BUT, I measured it at 480V, which makes me nervous for 6L6's. (They are rated at 500V max), so I let it be. I did adjust the bias though, because it had drifted some.

Funny enough, I started playing with the bright cap. I have always had it disconnected, so I just clipped it back on, and holy crap, it sounded way better biggrin.gif The missing aggression came back. I am going to have to solder it back in there. Perfect Anthrax/Fear Factory tone with no pedals. It was a little fat and dark.

I am undecided though, solder it back, or put it on a switch?

Archived