The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

-Juggernaut-

• Members
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by JKD

View Post

..and counting down the weeks to an M4 too? biggrin.gif

nope, had my Tranny on my truck take a {censored} on me, so I had to cancel that order, sold off most, but not all of my rack wink.gif and picked this up, when I get things lined back out, I'll place another order for one. biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, great thread!! I have a Randall Day Spa in my basement. They come in a little weary and worse for wear but they leave with a new outlook on METAL!!! I can't beleive some of the S**t people do to guitar amps and expect them to hold up. This evening i am repairing the plate voltage supply, re-tubing and re-biasing my recently acquired RGT100 from 1989. This was the victim of a bad bias job........extremely HOT bias.

I used to tote around a Mesa Triple Rec, 2x12 recto cab and a 2x12 Road King cab. I then discovered my RG100SC and I've got the exact same tone with more sweep in the high end and more low end!! I would marry this amp if my wife would only move us to Utah.

If anyone needs help with repair or component part numbers for the models listed below, I may be able to help.

I currently own:

RG100sc

RH100 (for sale)

RH200sc (for sale)

RGT100 (should have it fired up tomorrow)

-Brian C. Miller

Harrisburg, Pa.

• Members

Well.. I haven't been to this forum in like 4 months.. So yeah.. Looks like im back for a bit

I'm definitely in as I really love my Randall

GuitarsAmp_2.jpg

I have had my Randall for around 17 or so years and wouldn't get rid of for the world. I Bought it brand new for $949 with footswitch (no longer have the footswitch but am planning to build one in the next few weeks) back in 1990. This amp is desperate need of a amp tech though. Mainly just minor stuff but enough minor stuff can just be down right annoying

Randall's coupled with EMG 85's or 81's is a truly unbelievable sound to behold. Not one amp I have ever played whether it is Tube,Solid State or modeled can compare to the natural distortion I can get....

i live in an Apt. And REALLY hate that I practice at 0 or .5 master volume with the gain turned to 10 and play through just 1 of my 2X12's. Hmm.. Why don't I use the sustain switch? One of the things I need to get fixed

Speaking about Cabinets. I used to use a 4X12 when I was younger.. Wish I would of had these 2X12's back then. They give me a lot more flexibility IMO.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut-

View Post

you really need to send me that Mr.Scary module......... biggrin.gif

I'll loan you it if ya pay shipping both ways..and promise to insure it..it's like $13 one way priority mail inc. about $250 insurance biggrin.gif

Ya might wanna {censored} with teh tubes in it though..I put different ones in and still not convinced I made it sound better...it sounds less Dokken and more something else...

Archived