The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

-Juggernaut-

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut-

View Post

I loved my RGP1000.....both of them....come to think of it, I need another one, I used mine for the typical Pantera tone, and it could nail it easily.

I'll sell you mine if you're interested . . . wink.gif

• 3 months later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut- View Post
Bump for the Randall love...........
I'm tempted to buy one of those older RG mothertruckers just to see if they live up to the hype

I have an old Ampeg SS70 combo. People say the SS is pretty much the same as the VH Ampegs, and I don't care for the SS.

But those old Randalls always sell for so damn cheap. I'll get one eventually

the newer valve dynamic series looks cool. I've played one, but didn't {censored}ing crank it. It seemed sweet though

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I was pretty Randall cliche earlier this year, as I had all of these at one time....

Orginal warhead
cyclone
rm-100 w/ ultra, ultra lead, modded SL+ to jcm-800 and recto
rg-80es

To be honest my $100 miny mint rg-80es is my favorite out of all of those. The warhead kicked MAJOR ass for heavy stuff, but it was soo fricken wide in looked silly on my recto 4 x 12 cabs. Rm-100 was decent just lacking character to me, alot hype in my opinion. Cyclone sounds the most brutal of the bunch, kinda powerball-ish, but very limited useage as its really un-organic and not warm sounding at all, does a cool dime & death metal tone in my humble opinion.

I still own the cyclone and the rg-80es. Even though I prefered the warhead over the cyclone, I ditched the warhead because its tone overlaps so much with the rg-80es.

Randall is cool in my booksthumb.gif

• Members

I traded a xxx 1x12 combo for an rg100es on a whim, and I havent looked back yet. I never did use the xxx much, and it was a worthwhile trade to me. I really like the sound of the randall so far. running the rg100es and my vh140c at the same time is just wicked

• Members

I finally took my RG100ES to rehearsal last week and I was very impressed. Dimed the gain with Treble In, Presense on 2 it had enough gain for our sort of music. Used a Bad Monkey to boost for leads. I found it amazing that I only needed the volume on like 2.5 for full band volume, for a supposed 100 watt rated solid state it sure packs a wallop even though it was into the rehearsal studio's 16 Ohm cab (1960A). The two things I don't like about the RG100ES, which are nitpicks, the head itself is massive, just ridiculously larger than it needs to be. And the footswitch cable is very thick so unlike my other footswitches it doesn't roll up into a nice little tidy bundle.

• Members

i don't have a randall head (damn wedding to pay for....)

BUT, i do have a randall 2x15 cabinet w/ the jaguar speakers that i got with a peavey bass head (which is also awesome) for $100......great day!! thumb.gif

i plug in my sovtek mig 50h head in to it.....it is a desert/stoner rock dream!! plus it is covered in carpet.....now i need a mulletblah.gif

yay randall

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChS

View Post

I finally took my RG100ES to rehearsal last week and I was very impressed. Dimed the gain with Treble In, Presense on 2 it had enough gain for our sort of music. Used a Bad Monkey to boost for leads. I found it amazing that I only needed the volume on like 2.5 for full band volume, for a supposed 100 watt rated solid state it sure packs a wallop even though it was into the rehearsal studio's 16 Ohm cab (1960A). The two things I don't like about the RG100ES, which are nitpicks, the head itself is massive, just ridiculously larger than it needs to be. And the footswitch cable is very thick so unlike my other footswitches it doesn't roll up into a nice little tidy bundle.

Get the RG-80es than, its very compact in size and maybe weighs 25lb -30lb at most. And its still stupid loudthumb.gif

• Members

Hell yeah man.....I've gone to a 6505 right now but I kinda miss my Randall gear. Still play through a Randall oversized XXL cab. I've had the RG100HT, Centruy 170, original run Warhead, and an RM100. Here's a pic of my Warhead fullstack. The heaviest tones I ever got was with this rig + Furman PQ-4 and sonic maximizer in the loop, and a MXR Kerry King 10 band graphic up front. Wish I never sold it......

warheadfullstack-1.jpg

FurmanPQ4.jpg

BTW.....I have two Furman PQ-3's that I am going to list on the bay if anyone is interested. One is the original green face model from the 70's and the other one is the black face model with the red knobs. Both work perfectly and just kill with the Randall's.

• Members

There is a century II on ebay as of now, if anyone is looking. saw it there earlier today.

p.s. any nirvana fans.... cobain used a 1980's randall commander 2x10 combo into a 4x12 bullfrog cabinet for everything up to nevermind. i studied countless live photos on the nirvana live guide for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm actually considering selling my Cyclone. I mean, I LOVE the amp, but I really use my rack set-up WAAAY more, and have been doing so consistantly for the last year.

I'd definately NOT part with it, and keep it as a wicked back-up, but I really need to revamp my (IE: BUY a new) PC for recording my bands upcoming EP...and I need money to do that, since I dont normally really have any disposable income.

I'm still teetering on this decision though. But practicallity says I should sell it towards my more immediate needs.

Anybody interested, PM me

Archived