The Official "Randall Army" sign up thread!

-Juggernaut-

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here is what I don't like about Randall's and its only two things

1) Customer support from the company. The reputation they have is well deserved in my opinion. It suks ass. Asked a representative a question and all this idiot said was check the listings for a authorized dealership in your area...

2)The footswitch. There is no actual switch on the amp to change the channel and must use the footswitch. This was a marketing ploy at the expense of a good product IMO. Since I lost my footswitch ( left it over a friends house many years ago and he has since moved), means that A) I must turn one channel all the way down to, to use another channel, B)When doing "A", the channel that is turned down still bleeds through a bit in the channel you are using...

solutions I Guess

Deal with it

Find a pedal on Ebay (expensive and rare),. Ive seen beat up pedals go for $100+

Use a distortion pedal. Enabled you to change from distortion to clean BUT.. no randall distortionfrown.gif and still doesnt solve the original distortion bleeding into the clean

Build a pedal.. I have the wiring diagram on how to do that. Just need the to get the parts..

Next time I take it to a tech.. Several things I will get fixed and possible one modification.. Channel selector right on the amp.. something Randall should of done to begin with IMO

Footswitch

RandallFootswitch0001.jpg

Special connectors needed

RandallFootswitch0003.jpg

• Members

I've had several modded, when you take it to your tech ask him to mod the footswitch to a 1/4" standard switch, so you can use any Marshall/Peavey style switch. There is also a mod to clean up the clean channel, and one to fix the volume drop on the gain boost. I'll have to make a couple calls but if I can find out what they are I'll p.m. you. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Juggernaut-

View Post

I've had several modded, when you take it to your tech ask him to mod the footswitch to a 1/4" standard switch, so you can use any Marshall/Peavey style switch. There is also a mod to clean up the clean channel, and one to fix the volume drop on the gain boost. I'll have to make a couple calls but if I can find out what they are I'll p.m. you. thumb.gif

Can you P.M. me as well if you get more info about the mods? I'm in love w/ my RG80ES, but I need a 1/4 inch jack. I have a footswitch coming soon, but I'd like to be able to tap into this current market of effects processors that have an amp channel switch 1/4 inch jack. I don't like tap dancing! I've done it for too long! Also, getting the clean channel cleaner would be nice . . .

• Members

That Randall RG 200es looks sweet...

I really like the rack mount too...

as for the module.. OK, I have never tried the new randalls or the modules.. Im just really biased against using signature gear..Always have been... Ity might sound killer.. Just can get past that hang up though

are those channel specific EQ's i C?love.gif

Wish my head had a EQ for the clean as well the distortion...

If I may ask... How much did you drop on that head?

How much is the going price?

How hard are they to come by

How in the {censored} do they sound?

hehehhehehe..

Sorry bout the questions, but inquiring minds want to know

• Members

The RG200ES is ALOT like the C-200, actually same preamp and the power amp of the RG100ES. Think VDOP but more buzzsaw.... icon_lol.gif

I got it for $230, thats the lowest I've seen one for though, usually more in the $300 range. They are somewhat hard to come by, but they do pop up from time to time.

The EQ are for each channel, but for some wierd reason the way they designed these things they affect each other. I'm gonna see if my tech can fix it. biggrin.gif

Sounds great....

As far as the Modular stuff goes, get the RM100, I got the Lynch Box because I'm a freak for all things green. (but I dont own a green guitar hmmm) The Modular stuff is AMAZING, REALLY kickass amps. I mean REALLY KICKASS!

• Members

thanks for the info on the RG 200 and for answering my questions... I had a feeling they used some of same parts as a RG100..

As for the modular stuff.. I might have to try it out eventually , BUT man.. they are expensive.. A bit too rich for my blood atm

Almost forgot.. Have you found the mods for the Randal RG100es yet.. Sure would like to have diagrams in hand and hand my amp to a tech and say ./. HERE.. How much and call me when its done.. LOL.. Dont have the funds yet, but that might change soon

I need to get 2 things fixed on my amp atm... Sustain switch is out.. If I click it on , it either doesn't come on OR is it comes on and refuses to go off .. well, with some effort it does.. Just have to keep flicking it...and The volume fluctuates when the switch is engaged.Any suggestions about that.. Switch bad or something that is connected to the switch?

Needless to say.. I run my amp with master at =

At least with that switch fixed I wouldnt need a pedal.. Dunno though...Cant remember how it sounded.. Been like 10 years or so .. If I remeber correctly.. I think chainsaw sums it up

..... The other thing is to replace one of the speaker jacks..

.... then the footswitch

..... Then the mods

Id be in heaven I think.. Really be in heaven if my avatar was sitting on my amp.." Ooo hell, must of had a car accident and didnt make it"....oo well

Archived