***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

Yup. I learned a long time ago that even though I'd love to lift to that extreme level, I just don't have the mindset for it. And that's ok. I'm perfectly fine lifting for looks/health...etc., it's way easier to maintain, and interferes with life a lot less.

I think this is also where alot of strife tends to be most evident, as alot of discussions are centered around how particular and well defined your goals are. Its funny to listen lifter A talk about everything in their diet being calculated to the calorie, and their routine being managed to the last rep. And then, lifter B, is just happy to keep his macros within a certain range and feels good if he cant even hit the gym sufficiently each week!

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by meelosh123

View Post

Right on, I play too, should be starting in a 6v6 indoor league on Jan 10. I'm guessing you've got a killer vertical leap. I always get awestruck/discouraged when I occasionally see someone with average height who somehow seems to look like they can jump over the damn net!

It's ok. It's more about timing...but I can get up there. I blocked a guy twice on Thursday that was about 6'2". Makes ya feel good. He couldn't help but laugh.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

only because i am too lazy to make multiple layers to save the background morph

I wish. I'd take arms that size if they went along with that gut. I could lose that gut way quicker than I could build those arms. icon_lol.gif

Although the shoulders need some work. cop.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by LynchProtoge

View Post

Love the philosophical angle!

I guess thats where we each have to decide for ourselves what takes precedence - lifting or living? For some, achieving a certain body type or lifting capacity is what our primary focus in life is, and as such your right - doing something that could be detrimental to that would be a bad idea. However, there are also those that lift to be fit, look good, etc.., yet that is a means to enhance their life - and not for their life to be centered around it.

Yep. You've got to make that call for yourself. Lifting is an investment, so if a situation comes up that can threaten that investment, it's a good idea to pause for the cause and ask yourself if it's worth risking something you put a lot of time and effort into. Having an abundance of piss and vinegar is a tremendous advantage in lifting if you can channel it, but if it spills over into the rest of your life and gets out of hand it's dangerous. There's an ABUNDANCE of temptation out there that can derail your hopes and dreams. You'll probably get away with doing the macarena in the minefield a few times since you mostly stand still, but I'd think twice about line dancing.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by savoldi

View Post

Yep. You've got to make that call for yourself. Lifting is an investment, so if a situation comes up that can threaten that investment, it's a good idea to pause for the cause and ask yourself if it's worth risking something you put a lot of time and effort into. Having an abundance of piss and vinegar is a tremendous advantage in lifting if you can channel it, but if it spills over into the rest of your life and gets out of hand it's dangerous. There's an ABUNDANCE of temptation out there that can derail your hopes and dreams. You'll probably get away with doing the macarena in the minefield a few times since you mostly stand still, but I'd think twice about line dancing.

I'd go so far as to say that such people already have that "piss & vinegar" and have found lifting as a useful way to channel it. I for one seldom ever lift angry, though I am highly focused & motivated.

• Members

View Post

im not much taller than you guys, 1-2", yet I have 40 pounds on you.

I don't feel huge muscularly, and I am not not really fat, at about 14%-15% right now

inb4 sex panther calls me fat

Lol I'm bulking now, dropped feather after my last competition at blue belt, last march I believe. Fought at purple at light which is 162 w/o gi, and actually had to fight up a class due to limited people in my division. Crushed.

Anyways, planning on getting to around 175 and then cutting to 165 @10% bf. should have enough time due to the injury. Ugh. Thing is, I have to compete at least twice this year...

Oh and SP, i

• Members

View Post

im not much taller than you guys, 1-2", yet I have 40 pounds on you.

I don't feel huge muscularly, and I am not not really fat, at about 14%-15% right now

inb4 sex panther calls me fat

Lol I'm bulking now, dropped feather after my last competition at blue belt, last march I believe. Fought at purple at light which is 162 w/o gi, and actually had to fight up a class due to limited people in my division. Crushed.

Anyways, planning on getting to around 175 and then cutting to 165 @10% bf. should have enough time due to the injury. Ugh. Thing is, I have to compete at least twice this year...

Oh and SP, i

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

Oh and SP, i

Oh, and SP, i.....?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

Oh and SP, i

Oh, and SP, i.....?

• Members

View Post

I like the Six Star Whey Isolate stuff you can get from Walmart. About 30 grams protein per scoop, barely any carbs, and zero cholesterol.

Yep. Been taking it for a while now. I'm laughing while all these guys are paying 2-4 times more for the same thing from a big name brand.

• Members

View Post

I like the Six Star Whey Isolate stuff you can get from Walmart. About 30 grams protein per scoop, barely any carbs, and zero cholesterol.

Yep. Been taking it for a while now. I'm laughing while all these guys are paying 2-4 times more for the same thing from a big name brand.

• Members

Goal achieved! Goal achieved!

Weighed in at 180 lbs today!

So {censored}ing stoked on this.

So stoked in fact, that I instagramed it.

542260_10151174983880563_1670572136_n.jp

cool.gif

Edit to put that into perspective thats up from 150 lbs in May of 2011 and up from 165 June of this year.

Some fat gain for sure but definitely muscle gain, going to be really excited to see what I look like after I cut again.

• Members

542260_10151174983880563_1670572136_n.jp

cool.gif

Edit to put that into perspective thats up from 150 lbs in May of 2011 and up from 165 June of this year.

Some fat gain for sure but definitely muscle gain, going to be really excited to see what I look like after I cut again.

• Members

View Post

Oh, and SP, i.....?

Lol chit no idea what happened. Just a comment about old man bones. On the road so quick version:

I was my lightest after sever HIIT training after I tore my MCL when I was 21. I was Bruce lee shredded lol. Fast forward 6 years, no matter how lean I got (compared to how lean I ever was) and all that, I could never get at that weight... What weight? 135lbs lol. Jesus it's scary to Even think about that weight now lol. My bones filled out for sure. My gf (of 6 years) even comments on the change of my frame. So don't focus on weight of yesteryear. I would be lucky to ever hit 150 again. I think 165 will be the ideal weight for a lean quick structure.

• Members

View Post

Oh, and SP, i.....?

Lol chit no idea what happened. Just a comment about old man bones. On the road so quick version:

I was my lightest after sever HIIT training after I tore my MCL when I was 21. I was Bruce lee shredded lol. Fast forward 6 years, no matter how lean I got (compared to how lean I ever was) and all that, I could never get at that weight... What weight? 135lbs lol. Jesus it's scary to Even think about that weight now lol. My bones filled out for sure. My gf (of 6 years) even comments on the change of my frame. So don't focus on weight of yesteryear. I would be lucky to ever hit 150 again. I think 165 will be the ideal weight for a lean quick structure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

View Post

cool.gif

Nice! I weighed in at 219lbs today, I'm trying to lose weight lol..

Anyways, the scale at my gym is in kilograms, so today is the first time I went under 100Kg. Slid the bottom weight over to 80Kg and added 19Kg with the small weight. First time in a couple years!

Now I'm starting to count calories to see what I need to adjust diet-wise so I can still keep a decent input of protein while keeping my carbs within my goal.

• Members

View Post

cool.gif

Nice! I weighed in at 219lbs today, I'm trying to lose weight lol..

Anyways, the scale at my gym is in kilograms, so today is the first time I went under 100Kg. Slid the bottom weight over to 80Kg and added 19Kg with the small weight. First time in a couple years!

Now I'm starting to count calories to see what I need to adjust diet-wise so I can still keep a decent input of protein while keeping my carbs within my goal.

• Members

View Post

Congrats boss!

Archived