***Official HCAF Fitness/Bodybuilding Thread***

Gary Cohn

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar

View Post

Nice! I'm doing a combination of Paleo and calorie counting. 1000 calories is a good {censored}ing burn man. I do about 500 cals a day running/working out. I try to add activities in there, like staying active around the house and taking the kids outside, also there is sports scheduled with my work.. If I average around 500-800 calories burned a day I can eat somewhat decently - something like 2000 calorie intake. Usually I hover around 1700 calories with the snacks, but I don't really care. I'm losing weight at this point and I'm keeping it so I can actually still live and have snacks lol.

At least 1000 calories. Just got back. Non-stop snowboarding (ok a little stop for lunch...maybe 10-15 mins) from 11:30 to 8.

Ate a Cheeseburger and some chicken tenders today, but I'm pretty sure it didn't affect anything. icon_lol.gif

Quote Originally Posted by OverDriven

View Post

Why the need to act like you're beating everyone? Everyone is moving at their own pace. I really doubt you are 200 pounds either. It seems like every time someone posts that they're making progress, you jump in and tell them that's pretty weak compared to what you can do. There will always be someone that will make you look tiny.

While Assy can be....well...Assy, I don't think he meant the comment that way. Our arms are very close in size, and he doesn't look all that much bigger than me (at least to him), yet he weighs 40 lbs more. I think that's more what he was getting at.

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sex Panther

View Post

At least 1000 calories. Just got back. Non-stop snowboarding (ok a little stop for lunch...maybe 10-15 mins) from 11:30 to 8.

Ate a Cheeseburger and some chicken tenders today, but I'm pretty sure it didn't affect anything. icon_lol.gif

While Assy can be....well...Assy, I don't think he meant the comment that way. Our arms are very close in size, and he doesn't look all that much bigger than me (at least to him), yet he weighs 40 lbs more. I think that's more what he was getting at.

I only act like an asshole to this guy because he is a piece of {censored}

jk love you bro, but we feed each other {censored} constantly (especially on facebook, so you're only seeing 1/4 of it on here) icon_lol.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by -Assy-

View Post

I only act like an asshole to this guy because he is a piece of {censored}

jk love you bro, but we feed each other {censored} constantly (especially on facebook, so you're only seeing 1/4 of it on here) icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif

Yeah, it gets pretty real on fb. icon_lol.gif

#fatpieceof{censored}

• Members

View Post

bench tonight

185x2, 225x3, 205x3, 205x3, 185x8

3 sets of 7 incline db press with 70lb dbs

{censored} load of sets to failure with cable flyes

some tricep {censored}

my rotator cuff hurts so bad. time for a break i think.

Any kind of flyes can tear up your cuffs. I'd dump those for a bit and concentrate on your flat bench. Low reps may not be a good idea there, either.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by savoldi

View Post

Any kind of flyes can tear up your cuffs. I'd dump those for a bit and concentrate on your flat bench. Low reps may not be a good idea there, either.

It is the rear area, Teres to be exact, so actually pressing and flyes dont bother me, pulling kills though. I can do cable rows to the chest fine, and thats it. It just hurts like hell whenever i use my arm, but doing the movement it feels okay.

I know what you're saying though. It's just hard to mentally take a break when you just started cutting.

• Members

View Post

It is the rear area, Teres to be exact, so actually pressing and flyes dont bother me, pulling kills though. I can do cable rows to the chest fine, and thats it. It just hurts like hell whenever i use my arm, but doing the movement it feels okay.

I know what you're saying though. It's just hard to mentally take a break when you just started cutting.

Perfect time. Lower weights, burn sets...shorten your workouts and do lots of HIIT.

• Members

Push day yesterday.

Dumbbell press; Dumbell flys; Alternating dumbbell press; Dumbell side raise; Barbell french press.

I also just picked up a single speed bike for commuting to work which I wanted to thrash out on. Did my regular 20km route and managed to do it faster than I'd normally do it on my fully geared, carbon fork racing bike! You really have to work for it though as its geared quite high so to get in and stay in my comfortable cadence band you have to push so you end up setting a higher average speed as you cant slack off. Its easier to some extent to stay in that cadence range than to drop below it as that really tears on the quads.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by K-Bizzle

View Post

Just finished recovering from the flu.

1.5 days of not being able to keep anything down, goodbye weight gains. frown.gif

Getting back on it tonight, pull day.

Minor setback.. don't worry about that. You can't push yourself when sick. Weight loss when sick is usually only water anyways biggrin.gif

• Members

View Post

Lifting and playing guitar have some things in common. If you've only got one note, play it, but play the hell out of it. If you're hurt and you've only got one lift, same thing. Learning how (and when) to train through injuries is part of the game. If you don't get hurt occasionally, you're not training hard enough. It sucks, though, when your head says go and your body says no.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Slaymoar

View Post

{censored}ing salad dressing!!! 100cals a tablespoon??? How is that not shouted off rooftops? {censored}ing christ it should be the first thing mentionned on ANY diet. {censored}.

Anyways, vinegar + lime/lemon dressings from now on mad.gif

Kraft makes a fat free catalina dressing that's only 20 calories a tablespoon. Read the label though because if they remove fat they typically add sugar or something else to make it taste decent.

• Members

who says i play guitar?

lololol

also regarding dressing, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp cracked pepper. shake the {censored} out of it, use as much as you want. i keep it in a small shaker cup in the fridge

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers

View Post

day 2 of intermittent fasting. I want to cry. 2.5 hours until I can eat.

why do people do IF, seriously I want to know.

I know it works but there is more than one way to skin a cat, and this is the equivalent of doing it with a spork and a blowtorch.

strong correlation with IFers : amount of complaining and suffering ---> fat loss

no i'm not giving you {censored}, i just really want to know why

• Members

I wanted to try something different, and this appeals to me for a few reasons.

I like the mental strength required to fast, even if just for 16 hours at a time.

Convenient to not have to worry about eating every 2.5 hours.

lines up perfectly with my schedule (take lunch at 1pm, second meal will be at 4:30pm, train/lift around 6pm, and final meal when I get home at 8pm.)

I have always had a strict diet, but I am just not seeing the same results as I did when I was younger. My body is changing, and I need to shake things up. I think the only reason I am so hungry today is because I went so light last night (8oz chicken breast, asparagus and grilled onions and bell peppers). I just wasn't hungry, so I stopped before I even finished my chicken facepalm.gif

• Members

Haven't checked in here in a bit, got thrown off track with crazy work schedule, holidays, & being sick...lost a bit of strength on my squats, but nothing I can't recover in a few weeks.

Been hitting it HARD all week; back to higher volume workouts, being 100% on my eating, and even splitting chest+tri and back+bi days into two-a-days!! Feeling awesome, just hoping I can stay at it like this for a few months.

• Members

Stepped up my pull day today. back and bi's hurt already. 

Gonna do the same to my push days. especially with shoulders. i need them to pop out a bit more. 

diet is going ok. lost all my holidays fat gains. it's hard though. i crave evil things. 

Archived