• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by JR13

View Post

dude acts like he got hit by a brick...

if that was in America the teacher would be sued redface.gif

Not at the Catholic school I went to back in the 80's. I had a teacher that, as a common practice, would nail students who were not paying attention with a dust filled eraser. If he happened to be holding the double sized model used to erase large spaces faster, you could see a mushroom cloud of chalk dust bloom over the head of the offending pupil.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by eyeball987

View Post

Not at the Catholic school I went to back in the 80's. I had a teacher that, as a common practice, would nail students who were not paying attention with a dust filled eraser. If he happened to be holding the double sized model used to erase large spaces faster, you could see a mushroom cloud of chalk dust bloom over the head of the offending pupil.

Yeha they went to white boards in my poor rural school in 95 do I doubt it was as heft.

• Members

My first car was an '87 Ford Fiesta. I locked the keys in it one morning at school. Two other kids were standing around and one said, no probs. He pulls out his mobile, makes a call, and 2 minutes later this little first-year kid appeared. He puts down his backpack, withdraws a long piece of metal with a nib on the end of it and proceeds to slip it down my window and present me with an open door. {censored} was professional, didn't even mark the rubber! He smiled like he'd just won the lottery and said "You want me to start it?" lol. {censored} you not, 12 year old kid with all the skill and tools required to break into any car needed!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guidedbyechoes

View Post

When was this? They don't do that anymore at least not in my area.

Keep in mind this is Georgia, not Wisconsin.

Our cops are good people (99%+), and the same scenario (Elijay apple fest, not college) happened to my parents about 2 yrs with the same result.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by StankNasty

View Post

Keep in mind this is Georgia, not Wisconsin.

Our cops are good people (99%+), and the same scenario (Elijay apple fest, not college) happened to my parents about 2 yrs with the same result.

Yeah mine happened in Milwaukee. They couldn't be assed to even explain why they don't do it anymore.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by guidedbyechoes

View Post

Yeah mine happened in Milwaukee. They couldn't be assed to even explain why they don't do it anymore.

Probably liability - maybe one scratched somebody's paint/window whilst unlocking their car & the dept got sued.

There was a couple who went to the hospital here in GA. The husband was having chest pains. When they got to the hospital ER parking lot, he went unconscious, & since he was a big dude, wifey couldn't carry him in. The hospital staff refused to walk 50ft outside & bring the guy on the grounds that it was against their policy. They instead called an ambulance (closest one was miles away at the time) to come get him & bring him in. I don't remember the rest of the story but I'm pretty sure wifey got some patients in the waiting area to help bring him in.

Archived