Mesa F-series Lounge. Come on in and share your secrets.

Dann'sTheMan

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just bought a F-50. Amazing!

I gigged with it, literally, an hour after I bought it. It sounded incredible, lots of complements.

I almost completely ignored my effects on a 2 hour gig. I'm going to shorten my gig pedal chain now,

they just aren't necessary.

My guitar was the PC-2 which does nice Gibson impressions.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joeytpg

View Post

I did too, but I haven't gotten an answer yet.

frown.gif

Okay, just got back from the rehearsals. Mine are rated PC 37 and TC 663... so it seems that you're tubes aren't the best match cry.gif ... I think it's better to wait the answer from TAD. They should have somekind of change/return policy in the worst case scenario.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by joel3000

View Post

Just bought a F-50. Amazing!

I gigged with it, literally, an hour after I bought it. It sounded incredible, lots of complements.

I almost completely ignored my effects on a 2 hour gig. I'm going to shorten my gig pedal chain now,

they just aren't necessary.

My guitar was the PC-2 which does nice Gibson impressions.

Welcome aboard! ... and it will only get better smile.gif

• Members

nice.. congratulations joel3000, welcome to the family wave.gif

By the way Tommi, I was listening to the "ProgRadio" at itunes, and heard a song, it was real nice, but I didn't bother checking the name of the band, since I was doing some projects at that time, but then I heard a solo..

It ringed a bell, I focused real hard on remembering where have I heard that solo, then I remembered... the F50 Lounge!. I had to check the name of the band, and it was indeed you, Scenery Channel, had to congratulate you for your great band.

For all of you prog lovers, check out this site, with lots of info:

http://www.perfectprog.com/

or if you just want the radio:

http://www.perfectprogradio.com/

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joeytpg

View Post

Hey tommi, i've e-mailed back and forth with TAD and I'll send them back the preamp tubes. They need to know what's the Mesa Boogie Biasing rage? what's the correct TC/PC codes for our Mesa F-50 ?

You mean the power amp tubes?

Mine are rated TC 37 and PC 663... you could also say that it's about the same ratings that Mesa's own "green" -rated tubes have.

I'm glad it worked out smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Progdude

View Post

nice.. congratulations joel3000, welcome to the family wave.gif

By the way Tommi, I was listening to the "ProgRadio" at itunes, and heard a song, it was real nice, but I didn't bother checking the name of the band, since I was doing some projects at that time, but then I heard a solo..

It ringed a bell, I focused real hard on remembering where have I heard that solo, then I remembered... the F50 Lounge!. I had to check the name of the band, and it was indeed you, Scenery Channel, had to congratulate you for your great band.

For all of you prog lovers, check out this site, with lots of info:

http://www.perfectprog.com/

or if you just want the radio:

http://www.perfectprogradio.com/

Hey thanks, that's cool thumb.gif

It was probably "The Corridor" or "Concrete" that was playing.

• Members

I am an old, grey headed, grey bearded fart that has been playin' blues rock, rock and metal type music for almost 50 years.

I have owned many fine guitars and amps.

I currently own several fine guitars and amps.

But I am blown away by my new F-30 !

With all knobs set on 12 o'clock, out of the box, it sounded great.

Five minutes tweaking and I have sounds to die for.

It has the tones that I have been looking for, for my entire playing career.

i am using a boss dd-3 and a boss rv-5 in the effects loop and that is all.

Clean, crunch, fluid lead tone. That's all I need and they're all there.

I also own a 2 channel DR, Stiletto Ace combo, Studio 22, and a few Marshalls.

This F-30 is now officially my "go to" amp. It sounds fine on the single speaker, through my 4x12 Mesa cab and miked up.

Doesn't matter whether I have a Strat, LP or a PRS plugged in, It sings.

I'll shut up now and leave you young guys alone but I just had to brag on this amp smile.gif

otter

• Members

Hey otter5555, welcome to the F-brotherhood, stick around and read a little, you'll find A LOT of good stuff in this lounge.

F-series amps RULE the world. I LOVE my f-50!

by the way, post some pics and clips if you can.

You play tha' blues you say.........what do you like?? I'm getting into Blues, learning some blues pentatonics, etc.

• Members

Replying to otter5555 got me thinking..............

.....who in here plays blues? or Pop/blues? could someone gimme some nice blues scales and blues based chords that i can use to write some tunes?

I'm completely new to Blues, or to COOL ASS GUITAR for that matter, even tho i've been playing guitar for close to 10 years, I used to play mostly Metal, and Alternative/punk. And while I developed GREAT speed in my right hand and my powerchording is pretty good, I honestly have been opening up to a BETTER guitar playing. Listening to John Mayer (i love this guy's music, i believe he is the next big thing in music,), listening to Stevie Ray V., B.B. King, etc....

This has really changed the way I look at music and specially guitar playing, I'm writing my first CD (I'm a singer songwriter) and what's coming out of me is pop/rock/blusy songs (the singing melody is very pop, but with a lot of rockish/blues).

So, i'm learning new chords, and soloing (i was a rythm player mostly before) so, what are good chords and scales to get that rockish/blues melodies going?.

• Members

Hi Tommi,

on Monday I have ordered your Scenery Channel CD,

paid with PayPal.

On Thursday was the Cd in my mailbox.

Fast shipping to Germany, Payment without risk.

Very easy!

Very good, interesting music and good recorded.

It sounds great!!!

I heard it several times.

I hope you make more of your music in the future.

Greetings from Germany

Frank

• Members
Anyone playing fusion on their F-50?

I'm looking to get Scofield type tones. If you've gotten good settings

for that please share.

I'm also looking for a rack mount multi-fx unit for up to $400 (used is fine).

Any recs would be appreciated.

I really like my TC Electronic G-Major, and the Rocktron Expression gets good press as well. You can see in my signature how I employ the G-Major to be the brain of my rig and it switches channels on my F-100 as well. For me, the G-Major and its EQ/level options make the F-series a three channel beast.

• Members

Replying to otter5555 got me thinking..............

.....who in here plays blues? or Pop/blues? could someone gimme some nice blues scales and blues based chords that i can use to write some tunes?

I'm completely new to Blues, or to COOL ASS GUITAR for that matter, even tho i've been playing guitar for close to 10 years, I used to play mostly Metal, and Alternative/punk. And while I developed GREAT speed in my right hand and my powerchording is pretty good, I honestly have been opening up to a BETTER guitar playing. Listening to John Mayer (i love this guy's music, i believe he is the next big thing in music,), listening to Stevie Ray V., B.B. King, etc....

This has really changed the way I look at music and specially guitar playing, I'm writing my first CD (I'm a singer songwriter) and what's coming out of me is pop/rock/blusy songs (the singing melody is very pop, but with a lot of rockish/blues).

So, i'm learning new chords, and soloing (i was a rythm player mostly before) so, what are good chords and scales to get that rockish/blues melodies going?.

Blues pentatonic my friend:

I-------------------------5-8-I

I---------------------5-8-----I

I---------------5-7-8---------I

I-----------5-7---------------I

I-----5-6-7-------------------I

I-5-8-------------------------I

A minor Blues scale

Also, the 12-bar blues rhythm is essential:

http://www.12bar.de/rhythm.php

• Members
Hi Tommi,

on Monday I have ordered your Scenery Channel CD,

paid with PayPal.

On Thursday was the Cd in my mailbox.

Fast shipping to Germany, Payment without risk.

Very easy!

Very good, interesting music and good recorded.

It sounds great!!!

I heard it several times.

I hope you make more of your music in the future.

Greetings from Germany

Frank

Hey Frank!

I'm really glad to hear from you :) Thanks!!

I'm hoping to top our previous on our next album :thu:

• Members

I really like my TC Electronic G-Major, and the Rocktron Expression gets good press as well. You can see in my signature how I employ the G-Major to be the brain of my rig and it switches channels on my F-100 as well. For me, the G-Major and its EQ/level options make the F-series a three channel beast.

Where did you get the TRS to 5 pin DIN cable? Axess?

• Members
tommi, what percentage of your album sales do you think come from harmony central? or from this thread alone?

Hehe, 99% probably :lol:

I think this thread affects positively and I'm happy for that, but what's also great is that this thread is truly a great source of information. Thanks for that to everyone in the lounge :thu:

• Members

Where did you get the TRS to 5 pin DIN cable? Axess?

Hi opultaM,

Most of us, including hal9000, simply made our own - as it only costs a few bucks in parts. If you've ever used a soldering iron (and even if you haven't) it's very straight forward. Have you already checked out the info in post #2 of this thread?

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members
hey F-brothers..... i have a question for you........besides the F-series, what amps do you own??

i'm dying for a Diezel VH4 or Herbert!!

Hi Joeytpg,

You've got a cool taste in amps. I liked both the VH4 and the Herbert, but I personally preferred the Einsteinn over them all. And no, I don't always favour the cheapest amp in a manufacturer's line up. :p

My other amps are a Fender Princeton Chorus - gigged that amp all over the place, a little Vox Brian May Deaccy 10 watter that my wife won for me, and I guess I should include the Crate Powerblock that I picked up for cheap earlier in the year. Oh, I also have a POD 2.3, that I use for flying gigs, and low brow gigs. ;)

Big smiles,

Andy.

• Members
I am an old, grey headed, grey bearded fart that has been playin' blues rock, rock and metal type music for almost 50 years.

I have owned many fine guitars and amps.

I currently own several fine guitars and amps.

But I am blown away by my new F-30 !

With all knobs set on 12 o'clock, out of the box, it sounded great.

Five minutes tweaking and I have sounds to die for.

It has the tones that I have been looking for, for my entire playing career.

i am using a boss dd-3 and a boss rv-5 in the effects loop and that is all.

Clean, crunch, fluid lead tone. That's all I need and they're all there.

I also own a 2 channel DR, Stiletto Ace combo, Studio 22, and a few Marshalls.

This F-30 is now officially my "go to" amp. It sounds fine on the single speaker, through my 4x12 Mesa cab and miked up.

Doesn't matter whether I have a Strat, LP or a PRS plugged in, It sings.

I'll shut up now and leave you young guys alone but I just had to brag on this amp
:)

otter

Hey otter,

It sounds like you know what you're looking for, and that you've found it in the F-series. I look forward to hearing more of your insight. :) A warm welcome to HCAF and the F-series brotherhood, :thu:

Big smiles,

Andy.

Archived