Mesa F-series Lounge. Come on in and share your secrets.

Dann'sTheMan

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi Inkila

View Post

I think our CD is cheapest through our site at the moment... there's nice package deal on the merch page. Great that you're interested smile.gif

so uh how much is this package deal in US Dollars... and what's in it? hopefully the album + some sort of pill i can take to instantly be able to play like that....

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by mrelusive

View Post

so uh how much is this package deal in US Dollars... and what's in it? hopefully the album + some sort of pill i can take to instantly be able to play like that....

Hey big thanks!

It's about 19 dollars at the current rate... there's just the cd's... I ate the pills my self tongue.gifsmile.gif Thanks for the kind words!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Joeytpg

View Post

alright tommi, just ordered the tubes..... the first ones you recommended.

I like darker tones too.

And also order the CD buddy, great music! waiting for it here in Barcelona.

Thanks!

I hope the album rocks smile.gif

Let us know what you think about the new tubes.

• Members

tommi, what software are you using for mastering?

i just bought a Metric Halo ULN-2 interface, which is an AMAZING interface, i believe i'm covered regarding Pre's. I have a couple of decent mics and i'm using Logic Express 8. But i need a good Mastering software. I've been thinking about purchasing Izotope Ozone which i've read is VERY good.

I like your recordings....very linear (no big jumps in sound) but at the same time VERY dynamic. What are you using?

i'm writing my CD and i'm getting ready to record it.

• Members

View Post

tommi, what software are you using for mastering?

i just bought a Metric Halo ULN-2 interface, which is an AMAZING interface, i believe i'm covered regarding Pre's. I have a couple of decent mics and i'm using Logic Express 8. But i need a good Mastering software. I've been thinking about purchasing Izotope Ozone which i've read is VERY good.

I like your recordings....very linear (no big jumps in sound) but at the same time VERY dynamic. What are you using?

i'm writing my CD and i'm getting ready to record it.

I personally didn't like Ozone that much although it has everything nicely in the same package.

I use Voxengo Elephant for limiting (Kjaerhus Classic Limiter before that)... normally I use Voxengo Marquis Compressor and GlissEQ on mastering. Some UAD Pultec. It really depends what I'm after.

PS. No guarantees with our CD biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by pedrozepelim

View Post

Ok, so I tried your way: bought a volume pedal, connected it to the loop. Brought the volume down on the pedal, got my Channell 1 master at 11:30h and my Channell 2 master at 10:00h.

Results? Major tone sucking in the clean channel: all the sparkning and was gone, as if I had turn down thw treble knob. Does your method with thw fx loop attenuator also gives you this results?

No, the FX loop master is transparent as far as I'm concerned until you get to ridiculous levels of cut. I normally use the FX mix pot at 2:00 and I'm very happy with the no-earplugs-necessary tone. Perhaps you have a volume pedal that's not suited for the line level loop of the F-series? I would recommend a passive pedal with a resistance of 25k Ohms if possible, but a regular guitar pedal will work too (usually ~ 250k Ohms).

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by hal9000

View Post

No, the FX loop master is transparent as far as I'm concerned until you get to ridiculous levels of cut. I normally use the FX mix pot at 2:00 and I'm very happy with the no-earplugs-necessary tone. Perhaps you have a volume pedal that's not suited for the line level loop of the F-series? I would recommend a passive pedal with a resistance of 25k Ohms if possible, but a regular guitar pedal will work too (usually ~ 250k Ohms).

Hey Hal, long time no talk! I just picked up a Morley Little Alligator volume pedal for $25 shipped, mint condition. Going to try that in the loop this weekend. I'll report back.

I do get some issues which affects the clean channel when I pull back my MXR EQ's level slider so I understand where he's coming from.

• Members

hey all. I've had a chance to play a Mark IV and i really enjoyed it however i didn't get a chance to a/b an F-Series amp and the Mark IV. Does anyone have any extensive experience in comparing the two. I understand that in this thread there is a certain bias, but i'll use it to counter the bias from the Markians out there.

Thanks

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Rodimus Prime

View Post

hey all. I've had a chance to play a Mark IV and i really enjoyed it however i didn't get a chance to a/b an F-Series amp and the Mark IV. Does anyone have any extensive experience in comparing the two. I understand that in this thread there is a certain bias, but i'll use it to counter the bias from the Markians out there.

Thanks

How about this:

hal9000AfraiddavesGuitarRigs.jpg

When I have more time, I'll give you my thoughts on the subject. BTW, I think the Mark IV is a terrific amp and it's on my personal list of the best amps ever made.

• Members

Hey Andy,

I got another question for you, I'am now using a Dynamic Sennheiser e906 to record my F-100 head out through a Rectifier 2x12 cab. I usually position my mic a little away from speaker cone to get those mids and lower mids going. Now everytime I record a track the tone pickups up perfectly with the senn( can't ask for more in that aspect), but I feel that the effects on my GT-8 processor are not really being pick up. I was thinking of pairing up with a condeser mic to pic up really fine detail on the effects, such as reverbs, delays, and echoes. Will this work? If so what type of condeser mic would you guys recommend?

Also you know how they say that if you crank your amp up a little bit your not getting the full tone that the f-series amps suppose to deliver. I was thinking and judge if I'am wrong but, wouldn't it be nicer if you could crank your amp up to get that full tone and bring down the db's with a Hot Plate to get the best out of my recordings. Will this work, are the THD Hot PLates known for being used for recording purposes? I just want to get the best out of my amp without hearting my mic. poke.gif

• Members

View Post

guys, i've just find out that the tubes had no problem. It was the guitar cable! how dumb am i ? hhehe anyways, i ordered new tubes because it was time anyways!

Meh, it happens to the best of us. smile.gif Being an engineer, I always appreciate the solution to a problem, regardless of how it's obtained.

• Members

Hey guys, I just came up with this settings, some fat clean sound.. I used some cheap washburn guitar with HSS pickup layout, used the neck single-coil with the volume very slightly rolled down (like 9/10), new strings (they contribute a lot!).. it kinda reminds me of the intro clean sound of the band Die Toten Hosen, song "Ich bin die sehnsucht in dir". sorry for very sloppy playing, just a short one-take improv clip.. SM57 in front of the F-50 combo

settings:

contour mode (yes, contour)

gain: 7:30

treble: 10:30

mids: 2:00

bass: 11:00

reverb: 8:00

master: 9:00

clip: F-50 combo fat clean

smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmot

View Post

Hey guys, I just came up with this settings, some fat clean sound.. I used some cheap washburn guitar with HSS pickup layout, used the neck single-coil with the volume very slightly rolled down (like 9/10), new strings (they contribute a lot!).. it kinda reminds me of the intro clean sound of the band Die Toten Hosen, song "Ich bin die sehnsucht in dir". sorry for very sloppy playing, just a short one-take improv clip.. SM57 in front of the F-50 combo

settings:

contour mode (yes, contour)

gain: 7:30

treble: 10:30

mids: 2:00

bass: 11:00

reverb: 8:00

master: 9:00

clip: F-50 combo fat clean

smile.gif

Nice clean tone. That's on Channel 2 with Contour on? Crazy!

• Members

hey guys,

So I played a cover song with a few classmates at our class formal dinner the other day. When we were getting set up I had the chance to turn my new F30 up and hear it at its best..............wow it sounded great!!

Now that I have it back in the basement and people are at home I rarely get it above 9 oclock. I tried looking around but there is so much info and cant seem to find some tricks about getting the full volume tone at low volume levels.

I don't have any effects and am relatively new to guitar (2-3years) so dont know too much or feel comfortable "altering" my equipment!

Does anyone have or can lead me to any tips or tricks to help me get some better tone at lower levels. Thanks so much in advance!!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gregv

View Post

hey guys,

So I played a cover song with a few classmates at our class formal dinner the other day. When we were getting set up I had the chance to turn my new F30 up and hear it at its best..............wow it sounded great!!

Now that I have it back in the basement and people are at home I rarely get it above 9 oclock. I tried looking around but there is so much info and cant seem to find some tricks about getting the full volume tone at low volume levels.

I don't have any effects and am relatively new to guitar (2-3years) so dont know too much or feel comfortable "altering" my equipment!

Does anyone have or can lead me to any tips or tricks to help me get some better tone at lower levels. Thanks so much in advance!!

Mmm, there's nothing quite like crankin' a good amp up! Welcome to the forum and the F-series brotherhood. smile.gif

Depending on how much gain you use, there are two different methods I recommend. If you're a high gain player (Gain 12:00+ on CH2) then you'll likely be fine with my FX Loop master volume design (in my signature) or any number of quality devices on the loop like a good passive volume pedal, an MXR 10-band EQ, a pro-line-level FX processor, etc. If you use lower gain and like to crank up the master for power tube overdrive, an attenuator is really the only way to make that happen. I would suggest the THD Hot Plate for a power attenuator.

• Members

View Post

tommi, just got your CD and listening to it right now....

incredible buddy.... GREAT music.....can't believe the F-50 records SOOO good.

did you tighten it up with a boost pedal or something?

by the way that intro parto to Prowled ROCKS!!

Big thanks, I'm very happy to hear that the CD rocks!!! smile.gif

I didn't use any boost pedals, just guitar, cable and amp... that's it.

I'm planning to try some pedals on our next CD but so far everything has sounded great with plain F50 thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi Inkila

View Post

Big thanks, I'm very happy to hear that the CD rocks!!! smile.gif

I didn't use any boost pedals, just guitar, cable and amp... that's it.

I'm planning to try some pedals on our next CD but so far everything has sounded great with plain F50 thumb.gif

so like.... why hasn't Mesa tapped you for a series of F-50 ads? You got tone, chops, available albums... and you're not a bad lookin dude....

wait. do you have a crazy sveeedish accent or something?

SwedishChefSmall.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mrelusive

View Post

so like.... why hasn't Mesa tapped you for a series of F-50 ads? You got tone, chops, available albums... and you're not a bad lookin dude....

wait. do you have a crazy sveeedish accent or something?

Hehe icon_lol.gif Thanks thumb.gif

I have Finnish rally driver accent, I think.

Archived