Two new recordings

kwakatak

• Members

Here are a couple of recordings I did yesterday with my OM-03R. They're a little bit like smooth jazz:

Clip 1: Martin Taylor's "True"

http://media.putfile.com/True2-32

The transcription was featured in issue #51 of Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine. Hving listened to Earl Klugh, George Benson and Lee Rintenour (sp) in the past, the vibe on the original recording just spoke to me.

Clip 2: Pete Huntlinger's "Get A Klugh"

http://media.putfile.com/Get_A_Klugh

Granted it's Pete Huntlinger, but he does a great impersonation of Earl Klugh on this one. Huntlinger has a column in Fingerstyle Guitar Magazine and this was featured in issue #59. I'm really getting into some of his other stuff that's featured in FSG magazine though, like his James Taylor-inspired arrangement of "On Eagles' Wings".

Being that this is an acoustic forum, I recorded these on my Larriv

• Members

Been working my tail off lately, but finally got a minute to sit and listen to your recordings.

That Larrivee has almost made me change my mind about the Breedlove... :p . But seriously, you are one talented guy. Your recordings always have a great sound.

I've had a really crappy week. My uncle passed away and work has been a bear. But listening to your songs had a calming effect.

Thanks for posting them, looking forward to more down the road.

Dep

• Members

Nothing is wrong with the Breedlove...except I haven't gotten it yet. :) Though it looks like I might get it be sooner than I expected.

Just meant that the sound of your Larrivee gave me pause to consider what I'd be buying.

Unless I'm swayed by something I play, I still am looking at the Breedlove.

Dep

• Members

Thanks, again!

Yes, the OM-03R is certainly a great fingerstyle guitar for recording with once you get past the swish of the satin finish.

FWIW, I did add a little reverb to the recordings. I had to; the room I record in is boxy and the PC with its noisy fan is only 6' away.

• Members
Originally posted by Dan B

Wow, Kwakatak, those are simply gorgeous recordings. How long have you been playing? I doubt that I will ever play like you but I can dream.
:thu:

I've been playing for about 25 years (since I was in elementary school). I've been playing primarily fingerstyle for about 2.5 years but have dabbled in it in the past (about 12 years ago or so).

• Members

Kwak,

You sure make me eager to learn finger style.

If you play like that after just a couple of years, can't wait to see what you are capable of in the future.

When I start trying to record, I'm going to pick your brain, because your recordings sound great.

Well... gonna be gone for a bit. I start vacation today and I'm heading to the Smokey Mountains.

Take care all, and hold down the fort!

Dep

Archived