Same guitars, New Pics

Rada

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

Sure, you laugh at my misfortune but you should have seen the bruising I used to get when those hacks gave me hemotomas! (sp) All for 15 lousy bucks twice a week, too!
:mad:

I'd have done the sperm bank thing ($60 per cupful) but I didn't want to face the stigma of "going pro" and also facing the possibilty of getting a knock on my door years later.
:o

Besides, I'm saving up for a Martin 000-15S of some sort.
;)

You can get paid to donate sperm ($60 per cupful)? :eek:

:cry: (Thinking of the vast, vast fortune I wasted during my sordid teen-years...) :cry:

;)

• Members

I'd have done the sperm bank thing ($60 per cupful) but I didn't want to face the stigma of "going pro"

Hmmm... D-18GE is about $2600 retail... divided by $60...

Folks, I may not be around the forum for a couple months...

• Members

Nope. I do not hold the power of the purse in my household. Especially since there's dire need for 300 square feet of wood laminate flooring in the Kwak residence. Sorry!

NO!!!! NOT LAMINATE!

That small an area, save up for real wood. You'll be surprised how good a deal you can find on real wood flooring by looking for closeouts. You'll be happy you did. I picked up the flooring I have in my house for well under two bucks a foot. It's 7/16" tongue and groove plank style hardwood. It's also easy to lay down. Just time consuming, if you want to lay it yourself and save some bucks.

I can tell a floor is laminate as soon as I walk on it. Can't stand the the feel or the hollow sound.

• Members
Originally posted by daklander

NO!!!! NOT LAMINATE!

That small an area, save up for real wood. You'll be surprised how good a deal you can find on real wood flooring by looking for closeouts. You'll be happy you did. I picked up the flooring I have in my house for well under two bucks a foot. It's 7/16" tongue and groove plank style hardwood. It's also easy to lay down. Just time consuming, if you want to lay it yourself and save some bucks.

I can tell a floor is laminate as soon as I walk on it. Can't stand the the feel or the hollow sound.

I know, I know - just trying to save a buck and all. Besides, I've got a 2 year-old boy who likes to throw things jsut to get a rise out of us! I can't imagine what kind of divot a little red radio flyer wagon would make on a real hardwood floor. :eek:

• Members

I know, I know - just trying to save a buck and all. Besides, I've got a 2 year-old boy who likes to throw things jsut to get a rise out of us! I can't imagine what kind of divot a little red radio flyer wagon would make on a real hardwood floor.
:eek:

That's just it, with a little time and effort you can find the real wood at the same or lower cost than the laminate. As far as dings and things, it's going to be fine. Any dings will add character over time. Though the laminate will do somewhat better there, it won't do any better with spilled liquids and the care is similar.

• Members

Rada, so what's the deal...why are you selling at the normans, purchasing something really nice? Just suprised as you have always been such a big fan of your guitar in your posts on here...do you have any soundclips of your guitars? may be interested....in one of them possibly

• Members
Originally posted by ace1979

Rada, so what's the deal...why are you selling at the normans, purchasing something really nice? Just suprised as you have always been such a big fan of your guitar in your posts on here...do you have any soundclips of your guitars? may be interested....in one of them possibly

I'm a HUGE fan of these guitars. I've babied these...but I really, really want a twelve string and I want it jumbo...Godin doesn't offer that. Guild and Taylor do...

And Gibson has always been my dream guitar....I've mentioned that several times....and I think I'm ready to start saving up for an SJ-200 :thu:

I have mentioned in other threads that recently I have been turned onto Taylor....when I played them several years ago they were god awful! but the ones I've played recently have amazed me....and I love the 12 strings I've tried out

I'm sorry, but I do not have sound clips because I don't record...They've gotten very nice reviews though even on this board

It's a very balanced sounding guitar....quite boomy and bassy but still bright...definitely not a muddy guitar

I've had it fully set up...fret work and all...it's a great playing guitar

And the B20 was perfect out of the box! if that's the one you are intersted it....it's a satin finish and it's a very bright sounding guitar but it really sings...you can hear every note

I'm going to miss them a LOT, but it's time to move to what I've been dreaming about since I was a little girl :)

Archived