I'm selling EVERYTHING!!!

Rada

• Members
Originally posted by Pipedream

I hope you won't regret selling all your gear.

Nope...it's time to...I don't want to say move on because that implies that the guitars are beneath me or that they are substandard....It's time to finally get the guitars of my dreams

:D

• Members

Thanks!

But I have played several J-100 and while they are great they just lack the mojo of the real thing

Besides that's not the one I dreamed of having since I was a little girl....you know what I mean? ;)

But again, they truly are great guitars!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by eor

eor's two cents:

a 6 string is like you wife. its the guitar you come home to day after day, whether you like it or not. for better or worse, and so on, this is where most of your guitaring will be done.

a 12 is like your mistress. you only use it every now and again (in comparison), but when you does, its magic!!!112121! or resonably pleasant, anyway.

eor was in the same boat, but using that rationale, i got the 6 and put the 12 on hold. happy.

love,

eor

since you're there, maybe you should give the larrivee plant a visit. it's not that far; maybe eor should, too. sam ash stocks them, but i couldn't find a 12. the taylor is a good buy because if it doesn't work out, the resale value is high. i almost ended up with one of those, too.

Call me a bigamist, because approx. 1/2 of my tunes at every concert is played on one of my 12-strings (usually the 355 Taylor in my avatar)... ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Michael Martin

Ahh--I too have for a long time lusted for a J200. I love my Hummingbird but damn...

I agree with the idea that the 12 is the "mistress". I would go crazy if all I had around was my 12.
:love:

Yeah, I used to also be pretty obsessed with getting a Hummingbird, but I think when the time roles around for another Gibson (after I get my SJ-200) I'll pick up the Sheryl Crow sig instead :D

• Members
Originally posted by Sweb

Rada - Go for the 12. Reading your recent posts inspired me to pull out the '73 Guild F-412 and give it about 10 minutes of serious play time. Talk about strange bedfellows...

No you don't want to play that silly '73 Guild F-412....it's a piece of crap that you want to give to me

53327441642_m%5B1%5D.gif

Yes, that's right....you do not want that Guild...you want to give it to Rada....yes...yes...that's right

• Members
Originally posted by Rada

oh so you have the Gibson jumbo fever, too?

They are great, but I'm just dying for a 12 string right now, and after that I will be saving vigorously for an SJ-200...the only question is...natural or sunburst? What's a girl to do!?!?
;)

Yeah, Larrivee make outstanding guitars, but I'm really into customer service....they sent an apology and everything so I'm warming back up to them
:cool:

Yes, but I also have Martin 000-15S and D-45 fever too. The problem is that my wife is back to singing her old tune and used the following terminology to describe my GAS:

"you'll get a new guitar only after I buy one of those $200 food processors"

Which is to say that it will be years because she doesn't really want one of those things. :(

As for the Larrivee C/S, I've heard more good than bad but I also don't have any personal experience to base it upon. FWIW, I hear that it's better than Martin's C/S! ;)

• Members
Originally posted by Rada

No you don't want to play that silly '73 Guild F-412....it's a piece of crap that you want to give to me

53327441642_m%5B1%5D.gif

Yes, that's right....you do
not
want that Guild...you want to
give
it to Rada....yes...yes...that's right

Good! LOL Very Good! Now, where'd I put that shipping container...

• Members
Originally posted by eor

eor's two cents:

a 6 string is like you wife. its the guitar you come home to day after day, whether you like it or not. for better or worse, and so on, this is where most of your guitaring will be done.

a 12 is like your mistress. you only use it every now and again (in comparison), but when you does, its magic!!!112121! or resonably pleasant, anyway.

what about a Uke? or mandolin? its that like my barely legal mistress? :D

• Members

Rada - I was at Sam Ash today and played the 355. Now, the low E had some pretty good boom but the A and D just sounded very weak to me by comparison. I put on a thumbpick but that just made them sound harsh. Taylors are pretty consistant sounding. Not sure I'd get the 355. It was also $1,200.00 (sticker) so if you are saying out the door for the same price I'd say that was pretty good. It is a very easy playing guitar and finished nicely.

• Members

Rada, if a cutaway is not necessary, I found an awesome Taylor 12string at Wildwood Music last thursday. Its a 455 L30 - 30th anniversary with ES system. I called Taylor about it a day later and they made a grand total of 10 of them ( L30 455 w'out cutaway). It was priced at $1399, and it played and sounded great. Different, but just as good as the 354 Blackwood I left with that day.

Archived