Something strange I discovered

theGOOCH

• Members

I have figured out I can't stand playing with long sleeves on. It feels like I'm not holding it securely and the guitar is going to slip away from me. I like to feel my right arm "grip" the guitar. Am I the only one?

On the other hand my guitar starts to get this funky buildup (I guess dead skin) on the soundboard where my arm rests that I have to wipe off every now and then.... Sorry for the gross mental image

• Members

You guys must be fancier than me, I don't wear button down shirts with cuffs. I'm talking long sleeve t-shirts, henleys, etc. and the whole thing for me is having the sleeve between me and the guitar. It feels like it slips around.

What if I were to slip and my cotton shirt touched my Elixirs.

...Oh and I'm serious about the topic, it wasn't a set up for that lame attempt at humor

• Members

It is funny that this thread was started (after what happened to me a few weeks ago, I was thinking about posting a similar thread!) Labor day weekend I played an acoustic gig- It was kind of warm out so I wore a tee shirt. I played my new Alvarez the whole night, and I was extremely impressed with the playability and sound, but the next morning my arm (right picking arm) was literally brush burned! I had gotten it from my forearm rubbing against the body- and it was sore for a couple of days! I have a gig next week, in which I think I am going for Longsleeves! :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by tiger roach

I don't mind sleeves, but any sleeve that is too long or has a cuff messes with my hands and is right out.
:p

Right out, huh? And I 'spose three is the number of the counting and the number to count to shall be three...

• Members

Originally posted by theGOOCH

I have figured out I can't stand playing with long sleeves on. It feels like I'm not holding it securely and the guitar is going to slip away from me. I like to feel my right arm "grip" the guitar. Am I the only one?

On the other hand my guitar starts to get this funky buildup (I guess dead skin) on the soundboard where my arm rests that I have to wipe off every now and then.... Sorry for the gross mental image

I always use a guitar strap so I don't rely on that feeling to know I'm not gonna drop it.

• Members
Originally posted by kwakatak

I can't stand long sleeves in general and am looking forward to the day when rolled up sleeves are back in fashion like they were in the 90s.

That way I won't stick out like a sore thumb!
:o

When I play "nice places", I wear a long sleeve shirt and vest, w/ the sleeves rolled up to my elbows...when I play biker rallies and such, I wear something from the "Larry The Cable Guy" collection...

Of course, in each case, I do wear trousers and my politically non-correct crocodile boots!

Archived