Wanted: 1970's Ventura Acoustic with Dove

Natali

• Members

I had my 70's Ventura Acoustic stolen by movers a couple of years ago. I had that guitar since I was 16 years old. I bought it with babysitting money at the time. If anyone knows of one for sale I would love to replace it for sentimental reasons. It had the dove on the pic guard and the story later goes that Ventura was copying Gibson guitars or something. Ventura was put out of business after a lawsuit. Well anyway, would love to find one. If anyone has any leads please let me know.:confused:

• Members

You might want to lurk on e-bay. From what I know, Venturas were imported from Japan. I own a Ventura 12 string that is really beat up that I bought as my first "venture" into a 12. With them no longer manufactured, e-bay may be your best chance.

• Members

I just wanted to give everyone an update on my lost guitar. As I posted before, two years ago my Ventura was lost in a move. I assumed the movers had forgot to unload it or kept it. I got little response from that company over the incident and they denied having it.

Just last week I was thinking about that guitar again. I made contact with the moving company again shortly after I started this thread. This time a person in charge actually said he would look into the matter.

This morning I got an email that the guitar HAD BEEN FOUND and they were RETURNING IT TO ME. Is this the most amazing thing you'ver ever heard? That guitar was gone for almost 2 years. I still don't have it in my hands but I do have a promise that it was found and it was being returned to me. It's a miracle and I guess I was meant to have it again. :)

• Members

Good luck that it's being returned, regardless of where it's been. I just hope it's still in the condition it was.

And yes, Ventura got caught in lawsuits, not only with Gibson but also Martin.

I have a Ventura "Bruno" 12 string and a Ventura V8 6 string. The V8 headstock could well be mistaken for a Martin headstock if the logos were removed.

• Members

Possible that it somehow got missplaced during the move and when it showed up the company didn't have a way to trace the owner (but you would think they could have called all the folks that they had moved and asked "are you missing a guitar? Describe it".

Anyway, good that you are getting it back. Lets hope that it has survived its little ordeal. Let us know when you are reunited.

oh, and welcome to the forum, Natali

• Members

Update on lost Ventura: I just got my guitar back. It's was not abused but used! I can tell the saddle had been adjusted..one of the mother of pearl screw covers is missing. A new scuff make is on the top of the guitar but not a big deal. My old Ventura strap and campo were missing from the case.

All in all it was played but cared for. Lucky me! :)

I was going to write down my serial number information this time in case it went missing again. I ran across something unusual and would like if someone could tell me why my guitar has no serial number. The inside label reads:

Ventura

Fine Fretted Instruments

Model No. V-23B

Designed in U.S.A. built in Japan

That's all it says. Anyone know a way to mark or label the guitar for future identification?

Thanks all. :)

• Members

Update on lost Ventura: I just got my guitar back. It's was not abused but used! I can tell the saddle had been adjusted..one of the mother of pearl screw covers is missing. A new scuff make is on the top of the guitar but not a big deal. My old Ventura strap and campo were missing from the case.

All in all it was played but cared for. Lucky me!
:)

I was going to write down my serial number information this time in case it went missing again. I ran across something unusual and would like if someone could tell me why my guitar has no serial number. The inside label reads:

Ventura

Fine Fretted Instruments

Model No. V-23B

Designed in U.S.A. built in Japan

That's all it says. Anyone know a way to mark or label the guitar for future identification?

Thanks all.
:)

Using a label-maker, put your Social Security # inside the guitar, on the underside of the top.

My ex-brother-in-law, a cop, turned me on to that idea.

• 13 years later...
  • Members
On 3/21/2007 at 5:29 AM, Natali said:

I had my 70's Ventura Acoustic stolen by movers a couple of years ago. I had that guitar since I was 16 years old. I bought it with babysitting money at the time. If anyone knows of one for sale I would love to replace it for sentimental reasons. It had the dove on the pic guard and the story later goes that Ventura was copying Gibson guitars or something. Ventura was put out of business after a lawsuit. Well anyway, would love to find one. If anyone has any leads please let me know.:confused:

I have one in sunburst that I bought new in 1973 in Meredian, MS. Great shape tail feathers are worn on the pick guard. I may be interested in selling it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived