A Legend in our Midst - Grossly Horribly OT

Berkleo

• Members

Yesterday we were warned off this thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=1554027z

and told to do a search on the author which would reveal him as a troll. So not having much of a life of my own apparently, I did. It was freakin' hysterical. This guy is a legend. So I'd like to submit some of the speculation done by other HC forums as to the source of these posts. If I offend anyone with how egregiously off topic this is I humbly and truly apologize. But I just had to share this:

I play a fender strat how can i make the system

bending up is "sharp" and bending down is "flat"?

I seen SRV bending his guitar strings up and sometimes he bends them down but it sounds the same

I want to make it sound different and be different

I"M NOT TALKING about using a tremolo bar:::

So if i bend the string up its sharping the note if i bend the string down its flattens the note

How can i convert my guitar strat to do this?

I think Floyd Roses do this right?

examples G string 12th fret

i bend up the G string with my finger not whammy bar it

sharppens the note

I bend down the G string with my finger not whammy bar

it flattens the note

• Members

ahhh it's kind of counter productive but you can't help it. It's like reading news articles about serial killers.. You know that they are doing it mostly for the attention but you can't help but getting pulled in. Except some serial killers were known to be intelligent, which really isn't the case here. Also I haven't been a forum junkie long enough to figure out what a "troll" is.. They should put that bending post in webpikedia. One read and I understand the term totally. Great stuff.

and yes Berkleo, I do envy the time you have on your hands..

• Members

I've gotten into a few Walters threads. Most of the time he's trying to

stir up trouble by starting out with a simple question, and then degenerating

it into insanity. Here's an example:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1422910

I didn't mind the question about the tabaco burst guitars, since it's not too

much of a loaded question.

• Members

I used to hang out on the GJ and EG forums where I'd run into him all the time. He likes to ask an apparently sincere (but often, though not always, imbecile) question and then watch people take pains to try and help him. I think it makes him feel like a puppet master, which apparently gives him a high. 'Course, it's getting harder and harder for him as more people recognize him for what he is.

• Members

Well since I've moved out of Boston I'm left with all these extra hours I'm not stuck in traffic.
;)

I wish... Drive from Lynn to Waltham every morning down 95 straight into rush hour traffic.. I can't imagine what those extra 3 hours a day free would be like..

Archived