Got my Guild, and a surprise!

AugTPD

• Members

Well, My Guild GAD-30RE arrived today..... And it was the wrong color!!!! But the good news is that I actually liked it better than the one I ordered so I kept it. I ordered the Antique Sunburst which looks great but they sent me the Ice Tea Burst. The pictures online I had seen of the finish made it look pretty bad, but the one I got looked awesome!!

I looked all over for any flaws in the finish and the only thing I could find was one spot in the maple binding that was a little darker, but it's almost too small to notice. I agree with Hudman when he said the binding appears to have some flame to it, really nice touch. Overall it is really well done.

But most importantly it sounds great. Nice projection and sustain, very balanced sound. It definitely has the "OM" sound that I like. And it actually sounds much better plugged in than I expected. The sound is a little colored like any piezo system, but it sounds pretty good and will work very well for my needs. Anyway, here are some pics..... (sorry for the poor photography skills!)

th_top.jpg

th_headstock.jpg

th_bridge.jpg

th_binding.jpg

th_back.jpg

• Members

Well, My Guild GAD-30RE arrived today..... And it was the wrong color!!!! But the good news is that I actually liked it better than the one I ordered so I kept it. I ordered the Antique Sunburst which looks great but they sent me the Ice Tea Burst.

I wonder if they make a lighter yellow version called "lemonade burst" LOL? Or if my dark burst Ibanez (a mahogany color shading to black) is really "cola burst" instead of "resonant dark violin"? Seriously, congratulations on your Guild. That's one sweet looking guitar. Play it in good health.

• Members

Beautiful guitar. Congrats on being a proud and very happy Guild owner. :love: You blame this forum? You and Hud are to blame for my current case of GAS. Maybe this weekend I'll make a trip to Elderly. I like the Ice Tea Burst. :idea::D

Trina

What brand of pickup does your baby have?

• Members

Beautiful guitar. Congrats on being a proud and very happy Guild owner.
:love:
You blame this forum? You and Hud are to blame for my current case of
GAS
. Maybe this weekend I'll make a trip to Elderly. I like the Ice Tea Burst.
:idea::D

Trina

What brand of pickup does your baby have?

It came with a Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural 1. I'm quite thrilled about not having a hugemongous hole in the side of my guitar to put useless knobs and sliders.

Archived