Happy Father's Day

T.B.

• Members

Thank you, Trina!

I took Justin to see Wings Over Pittsburgh which is the annual airshow that they have at the Air Force Reserve base that is adjacent to Pittsburgh International Airport. I didn't put much thought into it or else I would have warned him. He likes it when the planes fly over our house but that's worlds difference in comparison to seeing the Thunderbirds up-close!

He screamed and clung to me the whole time there were planes in the sky. He calmed down between performances and we even had a snack under the wing of a C-5 Galaxy where he seemed like his old self but I should have known better than to take an autistic kid to a military air show! :o

• Members

Don't beat yourself up Kwak. My colleague has an autistic boy who can be a hellion - but he has always been fascinated by anything even remotely military and he becomes totally engrossed and chilled out. It could have worked!

You learned, he learned and you went home together and you still love the little guy. That will always keep you ahead of so much of the field.

Thankfully being a dad ain't about being perfect, it's just about being a dad, so be proud and join me in basking in some of Trina's generous and inclusive gesture.

Even if both of us feel embrassingly undeserving sometimes.

• Members

Thanks Trina !

My 2 boys (with my wife's help) got me an LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole pickup to use with my Gibby 12 through my Baggs PADI. Can't wait to try it. Spent the day bicycling with my 12 year-old Nicholas. He complained that his "butt hurt" after 3 hours ... mission accomplished. Much red wine was consumed thereafter to wash down the BBQd rib-eyes ... Ahhhhhhh !:bor:

• Members

Why, thank you, Trina!

Family got me a "retro-style" AM/FM/CD/turntable unit for my home office, and I'm listening to LPs (remember those?
;)
) that I have heard in years!
:)

Oh yea. We could never get our late father to crossover to Cd's. So, between our own record collections and his, we're all still "turning". :lol: What records/LP's did you dust off first and play?

Trina

• Members

Well I glad to hear you gents had a good day on your special day. My husband and daughter woke up early and went fishing. When she was a little girl Sunday's was their day. I'm trying to get Mr. Tuff-Guy emotionally prepared for when she leaves for college this fall. Later I took him and my brothers families out to dinner followed by Cognac/coffee and dessert at home. Yep, Freeman life is good. :)

Trina

• Members

7AM pesto/parmesan omelet made for me (!)

8AM bike ride with wife to local cafe...tall Americano, room for cream..coffee cake...

11AM play guitar unconstrained by anybody or anything for 2 straight hrs; a new song pops out (working title: "Passing Fancy")

3PM Me and the three girls drive out to a local winery for picnic/outdoor music (some kinda jazz I guess; pleasant enough)

7PM Homemade cherry pie and homemade cards from each daughter; then I join the digital portable music age as I unwrap my iPod nano (!) and finally consign my trusty cassette Walkman to the dustbin of history

10PM Me and daughter #1 and daughter's friend head to open mike, where I play the song I wrote for my dad (who passed away this past December). Got through it dry-eyed. Then debuted "Bonfires" without fooking it up (!) and finished with an older original that lots of people like

11:30PM After open mike, took turns playing oldies with a college student on the sidewalk outside the venue. Turned out we both know (and love) "A Quick One While He's Away" by The Who, and now plan to do it together at open mike in a couple of weeks after some practice.

1:00AM Home again; the end of a pretty fooking lovely day. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Archived