Should all acoustic guitars be properly humidified?

Glenn F

• Members

There was no such equation in the quote you took offense to. All that it said was that some politicians in the current administration are white supremacists and that they are the "Christians". The use of quotation marks is important. At worst the quote could be read as saying that white supremacists label themselves as christians. There is no reasonable way of reading the quote as saying that all christians are white supremacists. I do agree that would be an offensive thing to say, but it wasn't said.

In this case you're reacting petulantly to a purely imagined offense. That's not like you.

My point is that you are reacting to the quote because you found it offensive, not because you found it political. Many discussions of playing guitar in church include statements of religious belief. We let them pass because we don't perceive them as offensive. What is nonsensical is pretending to ban all political discussion while in fact banning only that which we imagine to be offensive. In fact, banning only that which offends us is itself a political expression.

I am not going to prolong this argument especially since Glenn F showed such good character in changing his signature. I will have nothing further to say on this matter.

• Members

Humidify, humidify, humidify....

What would you guys do if the humidity level in your house was typically always between 60 and 75%? At best 55%, at worse 80-85%?
:confused:

:(

In Florida we use air conditioning to reduce humidity. In climates not as hot they still make dehumidifiers. I find it easier to just control the room/home humidity level then trying to deal with the case only. :wave:

• Members

Like I said in the thread about where to buy a hygrometer, I keep all my guitars either hanging on walls or sitting on stands around the house and none of them (some ~ 40 years old) have ever experienced anything other than the prevailing natural daily humidity . As far as I can tell none of my guitars have suffered in any way because of a lack of controlled humidity so maybe everyone should come and live in the UK (sorry if that's political).

• Members

Well, I live in the UK too (it's been 2 years now), and though I haven't seen any damage to my guitars (yet), I'm starting to worry: I've had a hygrometer in my house for a year now, and I don't think I've ever read a humidity reading within the "comfort zone" recommended on the Larriv

• Members
Well, I live in the UK too (it's been 2 years now), and though I haven't seen any damage to my guitars (yet), I'm starting to worry: I've had a hygrometer in my house for a year now, and I don't think I've ever read a humidity reading within the "comfort zone" recommended on the Larriv

Archived