Post Some Holiday Music!

Stackabones

• Members

Silent Night

Recorded this during a rehearsal with my Zoom H4 using the on-board mics. Set it up on a piano bench and hit record. Only two verses ... during the third verse a cat or dog knocked into the piano bench -- hence the fade-out at the end. To give it some balance, I created a fade-in at the beginning. ;)

I kept my accompaniment very, very simple. Just tried to frame the singer's voice and allow her voice to be the focus.

Post 'em if ya got 'em! :wave:

• Members

I posted a fingerstyle arrangement of "Silent Night" with the first few bars of Chet Atkins' version of Schubert's "Ave Maria" over at the HCAG Annex:

Well-played! The Ave is Chet's, but the Ave>Silent Night is your arrangement, right? And the Silent Night is your arrgmt as well? Lovely sound.

• Members

Well-played! The Ave is Chet's, but the Ave>Silent Night is your arrangement, right? And the Silent Night is your arrgmt as well? Lovely sound.

No, it's not my arrangement per se. I found it on the Powertab archive but I didn't learn it note for note because it was too hard to play as tabbed. The second "verse" called for artificial harmonics but I found a way to do half of it with natural harmonics and fell on the rest by repeating part of the first verse. The two songs also have different time signatures so I had to find a way to make the transition smooth.

• Members

Great stuff - love the different arrangements. I enjoy the vocals especially being a non-vocalist myself! Here is an arrangement of Silent Night I enjoy playing. Thanks for watching.

[YOUTUBE]-7XCtSXpeCo[/YOUTUBE]

That was really nicely played and what a great sounding guitar :thu:

Thanks for sharing it. :)

• Members

I posted a fingerstyle arrangement of "Silent Night" with the first few bars of Chet Atkins' version of Schubert's "Ave Maria" over at the HCAG Annex:

Thjat was great! I didn't know Chet did Ave. (I should have assumed he would have covered something as gorgeous as that tune.)

I'm going after the tab. Thanks for the heads up.

• Members

Wow. This should be required listening for all those here on the HCAG who aspire to become fingerstylists.

This maplebbay is a no nonsense instrumentalist.

Thanks for posting this.

Happy Holidays.

-Q

edit: hey, I forgot to listen to Stackabones's recording. DOH!

Really nice.

Woman has a wonderful voice, too.:thu::thu:

• Members

I did the Twelve Days recently.

I called it Pear tree and it is posted at soundclick.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552

click on 'music' once there because the sound is better there.

thanks.

I like that :) Has a real island surf kinda twang to it with the echo effect.

Thanks for letting us hear it. :thu:

Here is my feeble attempt at "What Child Is This" also more commonly known as "Greensleeves". I just recorded it minutes ago...

Please download the tiny MP3 attachment at the bottom of this message and Happy Holidays to everyone. :)

• Members

I like to pretend that this is slow/jagged/missing notes because it is rubato and I'm just playing it so freely and with so much feeling that I don't need all the notes or a tempo... sadly this is not really the case. Its half poorly recorded/uploaded and half poorly played/not entirely memorized yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-yeThmdZ8

Ellen

• Members

I like to pretend that this is slow/jagged/missing notes because it is
rubato
and I'm just playing it so freely and with so much feeling that I don't need all the notes or a tempo... sadly this is not really the case. Its half poorly recorded/uploaded and half poorly played/not entirely memorized yet.

Ellen

Ellen, no need to apologize for your playing -- that was really nice. Any chance this is a shareable arrangement?

• Members

I like to pretend that this is slow/jagged/missing notes because it is
rubato
and I'm just playing it so freely and with so much feeling that I don't need all the notes or a tempo... sadly this is not really the case. Its half poorly recorded/uploaded and half poorly played/not entirely memorized yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4-yeThmdZ8

Ellen

That was great! I like the arrangement and don't worry your timing during the chord changes will get better. :thu:

I like the sound of your Epi. It's really nice for fingerstyle playing :)

• Members

I try to put together one new Christmas song every year:

Joy To The World:

[YOUTUBE]uGAWJQPQQA8[/YOUTUBE]

O Come All Ye Faithful (this year's tune):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0JFO5LhQJY

[YOUTUBE]Z0JFO5LhQJY[/YOUTUBE]

Snowing Outside (original):

[YOUTUBE]YhyRsFJfDh4[/YOUTUBE]

...and an mp3 of Silent Night:

http://maiermedia.com/music/SilentNight.mp3

Archived