Insult or Compliment?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

The other day I asked my fiancee which guitar seems to match me the best (I have a 1967 Gibson ES-335, and 2005 Fender Custom Telecaster, and an Alvarez AD60K). She replied that she thought my acoustic (the Alvarez) seems to fit me the best.

I asked her why and she said she thinks I sound better with my acoustic and seem to enjoy playing it more. I added, "And I probably make my tele look small." She then said, "You make your acoustic look small." For anyone that doesn't know, that model of Alvarez is a dreadnought.

So what do you guys think, insult or compliment?

• Members

LMAO Been married a long time, eh, Hud?

12 years but it feels like 12 minutes...................

under water. (I stole that one from Knockwood ;)).

In all honesty, I married a skinny woman. She can eat anything and she never gains weight. She had 3 kids and she is 5'7" and 120 lbs. I on the other hand, have no problem gaining weight. It's hard not to the way she feeds me. :lol:

• Members
The other day I asked my fiancee which guitar seems to match me the best (I have a 1967 Gibson ES-335, and 2005 Fender Custom Telecaster, and an Alvarez AD60K). She replied that she thought my acoustic (the Alvarez) seems to fit me the best.

I asked her why and she said she thinks I sound better with my acoustic and seem to enjoy playing it more. I added, "And I probably make my tele look small." She then said, "You make your acoustic look small." For anyone that doesn't know, that model of Alvarez is a dreadnought.

So what do you guys think, insult or compliment?

After 30 years of marriage (to my first and only :cool:), my response is you don't even need to ask. :poke:

Bill

• Members

Well, she's tried holding the acoustic and strumming it, but she finds its size makes it difficult for her to do even that. Maybe she meant that I don't make the guitar look so big.

The person playing the guitar can change the way the size of the guitar looks. For example, the Beatles made their guitar look rather large.

• Members

Well, she's tried holding the acoustic and strumming it, but she finds its size makes it difficult for her to do even that. Maybe she meant that I don't make the guitar look so big.

The person playing the guitar can change the way the size of the guitar looks. For example, the Beatles made their guitar look rather large.

Sounds like a solid reason to start shopping for a palor.. For ummmm her sake.

• Members
I'm a real pipsqueak. Somebody once commented about my dread: "Girl, that guitar is as big as you are. You sure you can play it?"

He shut his trap after "Nashville Blues."
:)

I am not a big person either and I have an Epiphone Dot-335 and it looks insanely huge on me...I can even make a parlor guitar look big. :eek:

ogp1%20%282%29.jpg

Archived