Tommy Emmanuel cancels tour due to health reasons

kwakatak

• Members

FYI: http://www.tommyemmanuel.com/story.asp?newsID=77

Tommy Emmanuel cancels Australian tour

12/17/2007

After canceling concert dates in the Netherlands due to exhaustion and illness, Grammy award nominated guitarist Tommy Emmanuel has been advised to cancel his Australian tour which was to commence on December 29th. He will return to his home in Nashville, Tennessee immediately to receive treatment for health issues that will require an extended recovery time.

A punishing ongoing tour schedule, including filming a new DVD, double CD and instructional video, has prevented Tommy from attending to health issues that required attention and is now forced to remedy them.

His acclaim as one of the world's finest guitarists has spread from Australia to all parts of the globe and continues to grow. Demand is so high that he was offered as many as 900 dates in Europe alone in 2008. His Internet popularity on "You Tube" has spread his talent to an unlimited audience. Comments on his website guest book come from places he has never even visited from Moscow to South Africa, from Brazil to Shanghai. With the demand comes offers of work and Tommy's life long ambition has been to spread his music around the world.

After his much needed break, he will continue to visit new places that offer him opportunities so that he can achieve his dream

• Members

really hope Tommy is alright.

I've been affected by Tommy's music so much, his energy and the soul which I feel when I hear him.

I really hope he gets better soon. The incredible number of tour dates has been inhuman, I was talking about it with a friend just the other day. I want him to be able to give himself through is music in the best way he can, and I'm glad Tommy is seeing what he needs to do to make things ultimatly better.

And maybe with a well deserved rest Tommy, the health issues will be gone.

Get better soon, Tommy.

• Members

Damn, I hope his health issues aren't anything that a little time and care can't cure.

Here's a great clip of him, cutting John Jorgenson up (something I didn't think was possible):

Awesome video! Not only does TE have amazing fingerpicking skills, his flatpicking chops hang with the best of them!

Ellen

Archived