New Acoustic Amp Day ... sorta

Stackabones

• Members

I play a couple of gigs a week at Potbelly Sandwich Works. Most of these restaurants have a little stage way up next to the ceiling, but the one I play has the stage near the ground (about a foot).

I went earlier this week and there was an amp on the stage. I thought :confused: -- thinking another performer had left his amp or that the gig had been double-booked. :mad: MOD said something about that it was Potbelly's amp and that I could use it. I didn't really want to, so I asked if I could move it out of the way and use my own stuff. MOD shrugged, "Sure."

So, the next gig I did, the big chief manager tells me that Potbelly has signed a contract with Fender and that I have to use the amp, an Acoustasonic 30! No problem ... one less thing to carry to the gig!!! :thu:

480728.jpg

It took a little fussing with to find the sound that I liked, but once I found it I liked it. Like any amp or piece of gear, there's a "getting used to it" period. Not quite used to it yet, but I figure after a few more gigs I'll dig it. :)

So ... not really a new amp for me, but a new amp that's going to be used by me (and the other performers).

• Members
I play a couple of gigs a week at Potbelly Sandwich Works. Most of these restaurants have a little stage way up next to the ceiling, but the one I play has the stage near the ground (about a foot).

I went earlier this week and there was an amp on the stage. I thought
:confused:
-- thinking another performer had left his amp or that the gig had been double-booked.
:mad:
MOD said something about that it was Potbelly's amp and that I could use it. I didn't really want to, so I asked if I could move it out of the way and use my own stuff. MOD shrugged, "Sure."

So, the next gig I did, the big chief manager tells me that Potbelly has signed a contract with Fender and that I have to use the amp, an Acoustasonic 30! No problem ... one less thing to carry to the gig!!!
:thu:

480728.jpg

It took a little fussing with to find the sound that I liked, but once I found it I liked it. Like any amp or piece of gear, there's a "getting used to it" period. Not quite used to it yet, but I figure after a few more gigs I'll dig it.
:)

So ... not really a new amp for me, but a new amp that's going to be used by me (and the other performers).

That's awesome man! The best part is you don't have to to bring an amp.:thu: I wish we had those types of establishments here. Most places here could care less about the performer, the equipment and the service we provide.

Score one for the performer!!!

• Members

The one I was gigging at for a while, up in the air, had a very simple "PA"...a single mic, for both the vocals AND guitar, that plugged into the house system, same one that the piped-in music played upon, so I'd use my mic and guitar into my Crate Taxi30 and then allow their mic to send the Taxi's signal through their system...I'm told it sounded OK, but all I could ever hear was the Taxi30.

Don't miss the climb much...

POTBELLY.jpg

• Members

I went earlier this week and there was an amp on the stage. I thought
:confused:
-- thinking another performer had left his amp or that the gig had been double-booked.
:mad:
MOD said something about that it was Potbelly's amp and that I could use it. I didn't really want to, so I asked if I could move it out of the way and use my own stuff. MOD shrugged, "Sure."

So, the next gig I did, the big chief manager tells me that Potbelly has signed a contract with Fender and that I have to use the amp, an Acoustasonic 30! No problem ... one less thing to carry to the gig!!!

480728.jpg

It took a little fussing with to find the sound that I liked, but once I found it I liked it. Like any amp or piece of gear, there's a "getting used to it" period. Not quite used to it yet, but I figure after a few more gigs I'll dig it.

At our PotBelly's (which has the nosebleed stage) they have a SWR California Blond II amp. That amp weighs about 50 pounds so I couldn't figure out if a "regular" kept it up there ....... then it dawned on me P.B. supplied the amp. I wonder if our local PotBelly has the same deal/contract with SWR?

Trina

• Members

Hated that, and the fact that from the floor of the stage to the ceiling was right at 5'...and I'm right at 6', so I had to walk stooped over across the stage, which was barely 4' deep.

A railing would've been a fantasic idea!

I've played a couple of those, but I won't do that anymore. I like my current location (a newer store) with the low stage ... I hope they build future ones like it. :thu:

Actually, one of the benefits of being so high ... and in summer ... was the wimmens in their low cut V-neck shirts. Forgot my place in many songs. :)

• Members

I've played a couple of those, but I won't do that anymore. I like my current location (a newer store) with the low stage ... I hope they build future ones like it.

Actually, one of the benefits of being so high ... and in summer ... was
the wimmens in their low cut V-neck shirts. Forgot my place in many songs.

LMAO. Now I know exactly what to wear if I show up at one of your gigs, just for the privilege of listening to Stack mess up. :poke:

Fair warning - I do pop over to TX now and then to visit friends and relatives.

Congrats on the use of the freebie amp. Beats having to lug your own around. :thu:

• Members
LMAO. Now I know exactly what to wear if I show up at one of your gigs, just for the privilege of listening to Stack mess up. :poke:

:D

Even now, at the low-floor location I'm playing, sometimes someone will walk on by, catch my eye, and smile ... and all the lyrics become flubety flew ya you. I guess I have a weakness for women in low cut V-neck shirts, or women in business attire at lunch, or women ... etc. ;)

• Members

Hope you make out to one of mine, too, then... ;)

22180625.jpg

Lechery...it's not just a job, it's an adventure! :lol:

• Members
Yeah, that was a nice little "perk"

I'm sure you enjoyed it :D

Hope you make out to one of mine, too, then...
;)

You know I'll holler at you and Stack next time I head over to your neck of the woods!

Lechery...it's not just a job, it's an adventure!
:lol:
[/center]

Yep. I do seem to recall you saying in one of your posts:

"I love my job." :poke:

• Members
LMAO.
Now I know exactly what to wear if I show up at one of your gigs, just for the privilege of listening to Stack mess up.
:poke:

Congrats on the use of the freebie amp. Beats having to lug your own around.

Swipe the tip money too........... :poke:

Trina

• Members
Trina, where's this Potbelly's at? I've never heard of it in the Indy area.

Dunn, I'm in Northwest IN and ours is located in Merriville IN. I checked their website they don't have one in your neck of the woods, yet. :) Looking at the map most of their shops are located in the Midwest and Texas.

Trina.

• Members
Trina, you're a gal after my own heart. We ought to head for Texas and gang up on these guys.

He flubs just one lyric.....just one.....and we get the jar. :poke:

:lol: Sounds like a plan; I have lots of V neck sweaters and shirts. :D

Trina

• Members

Wow, there is a newer Potbelly restaurant near my work (3 years old?). It's the only one I ever seen. I didn't realize it was part of a chain or that they have live music there. I'll have to pay the place a visit.

On a side note, Terry is like the "where's Waldo" of acoustic guitar performers. The guy plays everywhere. :lol:

Archived