STFU about zagers!

daklander

• Members

I'm getting real damned tired of this {censored} about Zagers. I'm sure most of the rest of us are as well.

Nobody really gives a {censored} if you've been taken in by misleading advertising and we really don't care how much you like your guitar.

Some of the folks here are trying to prevent others from potentially being taken in.

It really seems the point is you Zager purchasers are so embarrass for being taken by the "string science" you have to try convert the rest of us.

You've finally pissed me off.

Leave us the hell alone!

• Members

I've played several, as well as a number of unmodified Sigma instruments. I have no interest in Zager or Zagers. Someone gets a new Blueridge or Masterbilt and we have one, mostly congratulatory, thread.

Someone gets a new Zager and now we've got running advertisements for the company in multiple threads.

It's reasonable to draw inferences based on the predominance of the evidence....if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

• Members

I'm getting real damned tired of this {censored} about Zagers. I'm sure most of the rest of us are as well.

Nobody really gives a {censored} if you've been taken in by misleading advertising and we really don't care how much you like your guitar.

Some of the folks here are trying to prevent others from potentially being taken in.

It really seems the point is you Zager purchasers are so embarrass for being taken by the "string science" you have to try convert the rest of us.

You've finally pissed me off.

Leave us the hell alone!

Me too, I'm sick and tired of it as well. So what do you do, you start yet another Zager thread! I don't get it! If you really are sick and tired of it why start another Zager thread. If no one responds to threads and starts new ones they fade away, right! And guess what, you still have the choice NOT to read ANY of them and get all worked up!

• Members

I leave for a while and this is the {censored} I come back to? Wow. I say we Zagerize these lousy chumps who come in here on a whim and stir up trouble. This TCBronson butthole sounds just like every other 'sincere' Troll who is just here to offer his esteemed opinion. (I'm assuming it's a He even though he's a {censored}) Please go back under your bridge. If you can't play a guitar because it hurts your poor little fingers, here is a tip, don't Zager it, PRACTICE. This is one thread that is guaranteed not to give me GAS.

Edit:

I just noticed that the douche has 69 posts. Heh, heh.

• Members

Enough is enough!! Need to bless and bury all this Zager crap.

Somebody comes on the forum wanting to know about Zagers, post 'em a link to one of the numerous wars or tell 'em to use the search function. They'll figure it out soon enough.

If somebody comes on this forum and has a Zager that they're happy with, then fine!! It's their git and they're entitled to their happiness, same as anybody else with a git that they enjoy playing.

Ya know, I play a really rock-bottom-cheap-o Martin that's 90% plywood & formica, but nobody picks on me because it's a "real" Martin. If it had any other name on the headstock, I'm sure many would tell me that I paid too much for what amounts to a plywood POS that happens to sound halfway decent.

I am, however, grateful that nobody has done that to me and I enjoy my interactions with all you fine folks.

And if somebody did pick on the git, I'd say "yep - it is what it is, but I'm happy with it" and be done with it.

So, why can't we all just live and let live? Or in this case, play music and let play music?

Pleeeeeze, let's all take a deep breath, a sip of beer, stop picking on each other and get back to what this forum is all about - our enjoyment of acoustic gits, no matter who the heck made 'em or what we paid for them!!

• Members

Enough is enough!! Need to bless and bury all this Zager crap.

Somebody comes on the forum wanting to know about Zagers, post 'em a link to one of the numerous wars or tell 'em to use the search function. They'll figure it out soon enough.

If somebody comes on this forum and has a Zager that they're happy with, then fine!! It's their git and they're entitled to their happiness, same as anybody else with a git that they enjoy playing.

Ya know, I play a really rock-bottom-cheap-o Martin that's 90% plywood & formica, but nobody picks on me because it's a "real" Martin. If it had any other name on the headstock, I'm sure many would tell me that I paid too much for what amounts to a plywood POS that happens to sound halfway decent.

I am, however, grateful that nobody has done that to me and I enjoy my interactions with all you fine folks.

And if somebody did pick on the git, I'd say "yep - it is what it is, but I'm happy with it" and be done with it.

So, why can't we all just live and let live? Or in this case, play music and let play music?

Pleeeeeze, let's all take a deep breath, a sip of beer, stop picking on each other and get back to what this forum is all about - our enjoyment of acoustic gits, no matter who the heck made 'em or what we paid for them!!

AMEN!!

• Members

There in lies the key and the reason you would be well accepted regardless of what you play. Hell, I play Yamhas and Venturas.

TC may have finally come to that but at an inopportune time. Might have been better to have waited until the fervor died down a bit.

No Zager guitar was ever bashed through all the BS. Only the mis-representation, deception and mis-information in advertising.

Let's go over to Killarney's & have a Guinness.

• Members

There in lies the key and the reason you would be well accepted regardless of what you play. Hell, I play Yamhas and Venturas.

TC may have finally come to that but at an inopportune time. Might have been better to have waited until the fervor died down a bit.

No Zager guitar was ever bashed through all the BS. Only the mis-representation, deception and mis-information in advertising.

Excellent point. For some reason many folks seem to be missing it. :confused:

It isn't the name on the headstock (I'm sick of hearing that). It's 100% about the sales tactics. Most of us found this forum while researching a guitar purchase. We provide a service to people shopping for guitars. I try to keep that in mind when I post my opinions here.

• Members

Now yer talkin'. Let's go!!. :D

And TC and Hud and everybody else, why not join us? The more the merrier!

Cheers, Gents. {lifts mug full of amber ambrosia}

• Members

Now yer talkin'. Let's go!!.
:D

And TC and Hud and everybody else, why not join us? The more the merrier!

Cheers, Gents. {lifts mug full of amber ambrosia}

Actually, I gave up this fight last week. I told TC I was done discussing guitars with him.

I've been saving a spot at the bar for you guys. :cool:

I only interjected today because now we are having good forum members getting upset with each other over good old Denny. :freak:

• Members

Actually, I gave up this fight last week. I told TC I was done discussing guitars with him.

I've been saving a spot at the bar for you guys.
:cool:

I only interjected today because now we are having good forum members getting upset with each other over good old Denny.
:freak:

And I'm giving up the fight this week! I got everything off my chest today and I am exhausted! I don't drink but would be willing to buy! If you guys only really new me I think you would have a different opinion.

• Members

Being Zager-uninformed, I did a little banging around available testimonials. I also perused Denny's site and got an eyeful of his so-called String Science and the customer testimonials he posts.

I will say that he is proud of himself. So much so that he backs up his product with a lifetime warranty. All the testimonials were glowing and were in many instances compared to well known high-end products. I read the testimonials with an eye turned for evidence of the amateur behind them. I found a mix of the amateur as well as long experience with high-end products. I think his marketing ambition is the deciding factor between acceptance and rejectance of him. That's what seems to be the difference between his and any other guitar company, Estaban aside, that markets a decent product. Marketing ploys have always put the devil's advocate squarely in my eye. I don't know about you.

I would definitely not want a guitar with the company owner's signature scrawled across the back like I see on the pics on his site. Too much carnival mentality in that. That's a bit smug, IMO, and I think it is exactly his smugness that may be the thorn in the lion's paw here. I've played Sigma guitars. They are as good as any guitar in that price range. Throw in Denny's tweaking and supposedly it now becomes a high-end contender? Okay. For a moment think about any comparable guitar, drag it through a process to make playing easier and the sound better, and market it as a high-end contender. That just doesn't compute until the life-time warranty, great customer service and affordable retail price are thrown in. That's powerfully convincing and also the last straw for many of us relative to marketing ploys. Like I point out, Denny is proud of himself. I can't find fault in that alone, though I might be somewhat repulsed, but I think his product probably is what the testimonials (trustimonials) tout it to be. There are just too many of them backing up and supporting it.

I receive my first check next week, BTW.

• Members

And I'm giving up the fight this week! I got everything off my chest today and I am exhausted! I don't drink but would be willing to buy! If you guys only really new me I think you would have a different opinion.

There should never have been a fight to begin with. A rational, adult discussion from all quarters would have sufficed.

What kind of soda ya like? I'll buy the first round. :D

Pax, gents.

• Members

A word about testimonials on a website. Bad testimonials go in the trash, not on the page.

Same holds true for just about anything. You want to find bad testimonials you have to look at other, anti-that company sites. Some of them will be over the top against a particular product and that leaves one to sift through the bull {censored}.

• Members

Yup, Dak. Nobody will post a "your product stinks" letter. That isn't what makes the world go round. Cave men painted the stone walls with their kills, not their misses.

Now, I claim the somewhat dubious distinction of getting the last word in this thread..........

Bartender, another round, if you please, good sir!!!!!

• Members

This is the first thread I've read about Zagers .... not even sure what they are. I'm just not interested and haven't opened up any thread involving them or it or him or her ....

I'm not a big fan of reading spam threads or feeding bears. That's why I don't do either. ;)

Archived