Has anyone seen one of these fender tele nylon/classical guitars for sale?

hangwire

• Members

teleacouselec.gif

this the last guitar I want to buy, but probably not in sunburst. A F-hole, nylon string [but still closer to standard neck width than a tradition classical] acoustic electric... but I think they were last made in 1995(?)

anyone seen one of them in any local shops?

are there any non-fender models that meet these feature that you can enlighten me to :D

• Members

acoustic electric... but I think they were last made in 1995(?)

anyone seen one of them in any local shops?

are there any non-fender models that meet these feature that you can enlighten me to
:D

Godin makes a few choices that would fill your needs, most likely. They kinda made themselves a little niche in the hybrid classical, solid body, or semi hollow A/Es.

• Members

I own one of those Fenders...made in Japan and mine has steel strings. Also mine is in natural finish...really nice guitar and I love it. Able to blend the Lace sensor with the piezos in the bridge. Solid top. mahogany back and slightly wider than a tele so it doesn`t fit in a tele hard case. If I remember...it`s called the TLAC-100...sold for 100,ooo yen.

Looks like this...not my pic...

DS00162088.jpg

• Members

I own one of those Fenders...made in Japan and mine has steel strings. Also mine is in natural finish...really nice guitar and I love it. Able to blend the Lace sensor with the piezos in the bridge. Solid top. mahogany back and slightly wider than a tele so it doesn`t fit in a tele hard case. If I remember...it`s called the TLAC-100...sold for 100,ooo yen.

Looks like this...not my pic...

DS00162088.jpg

that is it, but I think someone might have put steel strings on that one, they were designed for nylon [i don't think they advertized a steel string version unless I am mis-informned...]

if anyone sees that, please let me know :)

• Members

I`ve seen a few over the years on the Japanese web and never saw one with nylons. Not saying it`s not POSSIBLE to use nylons, it may very well be, and I may try it just for fun but I like the way it plays with steels and thats what was on it when it arrived. The on line shop I got it from sent me a photocopy from the catalog and it sure looked like steels, but the pic isn`t all that great, may be a copy of a copy.

I did mention mine has a blend pot.

• Members

I am wondering now because I know that there was a pickup in teh enck version and one without a pickup in teh neck. I just assumed the neck pickup was microphonic ... but maybe they made a teel string version and a nylon sans neck pickp version :confused:

what is the main difference between a guitar being built for nylons and steels? I coudl just slap nylon strings on a dreadnought acoustic and be fine, right?

• Members

what is the main difference between a guitar being built for nylons and steels? I coudl just slap nylon strings on a dreadnought acoustic and be fine, right?

No. Bracing is different for dreads and classicals. Nylons on a dread will sound awful. Not even sure if the nylon trebles would fit in a steel-string nut.

Steel-strings on a classical will probably snap the bridge off.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I have a black nylon string telecaster.It has a maple neck(thin)and only a pieso pickup in the bridge.It is a great guitar,If you are not used to playing wider nylon string guitars.this is a fender telecaster that was constructed as a nylon string instrument by fender(japan),not a steel string converted to nylon strings. How many of these fender made I'm not sure!

It is a simmilar set up to my chet atkins solid body electric nylon string. the difference is the tele. has an f-hole with a small chamber.

Nunzio

Archived