S~R~O

• Members

NDD Yup just got it this morning.....

7216501855.jpg

The other side,

7216501948.jpg

one more,

7216501995.jpg

This was worth the wait while it was being built.

She's made with Fiddle-back Maple and Ribbon Mahogany

The sustain is so sweet.

Samilyn, wait till you play her. Your gonna fall in Love

• Members
NDD
Yup just got it this morning.....

7216501855.jpg

The other side,

7216501948.jpg

one more,

7216501995.jpg

This was worth the wait while it was being built.

She's made with Fiddle-back Maple and Ribbon Mahogany

The sustain is so sweet.

Samilyn, wait till you play her. Your gonna fall in Love

WHOO-HOO!!! (Yeah, I'm shouting with glee!!) Glad ya finally got it!!

Oh, wow.....I'm in love already - what a beauty!! Can't wait to play it!!!!

• Members

Does that fret spacing layout have a name?

Diatonic

This is a beautiful instrument. Did you build it?

I have a book on building the mountain dulcimer, but have not as yet attempted to build one. The construction is strait forward, but there is a fair amount of bending, as the model represented has a violin style waist.

I think it would be a great first project for someone getting into guitar building.

Clif

• Members

Thank Y'all............I'm learning some songs on her this week end. I've down loaded a few from the internet..........

daklander: Funny you should ask I have two ways to amplifiy this sweetheart, (1) is a very fine lapel mic (I use this on my archtop), (2) is a dual 1" daiphram studio condensor mic.

Freeman Keller: I have to runout a couple miles and raid the a farm or two for a Peacock Feather or just go to (Hobby Lobby)

JerseyGuy: Believe it or not Up your way or Kinda..the Fella lives in the Baltimore area you know up around that David Bromberg Fella;)

Clif Schlicher: I had it built by a professional Dulcimer builder, as I built one back in and about 91' and it was only OK, sound was fair to say the least. So I had this one built, to learn to play. as I like the sound of these if played poperly....Hopefully I can learn the right way to play one.

[One of the Neat things about this one is the Builder had the wood laying around for over 20 years and it was salvaged from an old Barn that was over a 100yrs or so old. so the wood has had some time to age and settle.]

I believe I have that straight..

• Members

My first home made instrument was a mountain dulcimer and I learned a few simple songs on it. We have a wonderful local player who lives in Seattle - I have heard her in small gigs and have take a couple of seminars from her. They are such a beautiful instrument - both appearance and sound - I love the droning strings. You might enjoy some of this lady's playing

http://heidimuller.com/

Archived