My New Lakewood M-18

Glenn F

• Members

My New Lakewood plays so sweet,

Really knocks me off my feet.

I've had this guitar for almost 2 weeks, now, and it is a first class instrument, well built, set up, nice balanced bass, ringing trebles, smooth neck that is very comfortable to play (and the 1.81" isn't a problem). The overtones this guitar gives are amazing. It sometimes seems to be in its own echo chamber (in a good way!).

I am thinking of writing a full review of this guitar. There isn't a lot of data here on HC for this model, and most of what is there is confused with CE versions.

Bottom line is, imo, if you are going to lay out $1,200.00 + for a guitar, I would check the Lakewoods out if they are available where you are.

My M-18 is a thing of beauty (though I've already managed to give it a good ding....:mad:). I was really upset for hours after that happened, but then I got some news about my ailing dad in Canada, which kinda put the ding in perspective.

This is a truly stunning guitar. I am happy as a Goat!

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

I have an M-14 walnut. Love it though I`ve been playing nylons exclusively for a while now the Lakewood is one that will make the trip home with me, gorgeous and I really like the neck on mine. I`m really digging the smaller body guitars now, dreds are too much of a strugle for me. Lakewoods are fabulous guitars.

• Members

Yeah.

That goat looks like it's been nibbling on someone's hydroponic stash! lol..

If I get another acoustic 6 string,, it will likely be a good beater, but that ain't happening this year, I don't think.

Although my wife reminds me that I've been erroneous in my guitar ETAs lately.

Zenbu,

They are really nice guitars, and the neck is very easy to move around on.

And thanks for the good wishes for my father. He just turned 82. I doubt he'll see 83.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived