Photos of my latest batch

bjorn-fjord

• Members

I've never posted picks of my stuff before for fear of violating spamming rules or appearing like an immodest jerk but everyone has responded very well to pics posted of other's work (Tim McKnight, GuitarCapo, etc...). So here goes...

Here we have solid Master-Grade Koa Resonator, a Koa and Engelmann Double-O-ish thing, and a straight-up Sitka and Indian Rosewood Sloped Dread.

guitars019fixed.jpg

guitars004fixed.jpg

guitars007fixed.jpg

guitars007fixed-1.jpg

guitarsx019fixed.jpg

guitars012fixed.jpg

• Members

I really dig the shape of the bridge on that dread ! Your choice in bindings reminds me of the bindings I see on Flamenco guitars.

Don't be hesitant to proudly display your handiwork, it truly is a thing of beauty. Personally, I love the see threads by folks who build. The whole creation process is amazing.

You ever read a book called "Guitar - An American Life" by Tim Brookes? It chronicles the creation of a custom guitar. An awesome read for anyone who plays the instrument.

Again, great work.

• Members

Thanks everybody. I really appreciate the comments.

Now to address the questions:

Yes, I do all the inlay work and everything else. The only thing I don't make is the tuners, the fretwire, and the bridge pins.

I have not read the book by Tim Brookes but I've just added it to my "must read list". Thanks!

Sorry, no clips or vids. I don't have the means to record anything. I know I should do something about that. :thu:

• Members

I'll just say that with the contributions you make to this forum you darn well better be beating your drum. I've always felt that you should have a link to your site in your sig - most folks here have no idea who you are (or what you are making). Spam? That ain't spam. That is just simply a couple of incredible guitars.

God, cutting those palm tree f-holes makes me shudder - I'd end up with a whole pile of koa spliniters. Thanks for posting these, Bjorn.

• Members

Beautiful work. Love to hear that Res sometime...

Borrow or grab a Olympus digital recorder ($25 vn-3100pc) and you can make a recording you can USB to your computer. It has a mic input too. Not real great sound but will do. I take one to all my lessons and record them.

Again, great work.

Archived