VOM 3 -- Virtual Open Mic @ HCAG, Second Sunday, Apr 13, 2008

Stackabones

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
ummm.. hmmm...

Excellent tune, very nice indeed.

However, I am afraid I already published April's VOM a few steps back... But I ain't the boss here, I just keep up the scoreboard.

Hey bones... What do you want to do, shall I try to republish? I am not sure if the search engines will pick the addition up or not.

Or should we get John to repost this as the the first entry in VOM IV?

:idk:
- kinda lost, I didn't set up the archive to do a SE refresh for a previously published VOM.

oh, i didn't even think about all that. i didn't mean to throw a wrench in the system. i really just wanted someone else to hear it. it can be "official" for may or something.

• Members

johnfrusciante, just repost for this next VOM. This submission is closer to the next VOM on May 11 anyway. ;)

Considering the fact that the last posts about the VOM 3 on April 13 were made during the week of VOM 3, and that there just some follow-up posts about the off-site storage, I think it's safe to say that, by May 1, VOM 3 is officially over.

Since this is the latest submission we've received so far, we need to think about how late is late. Initially, I left the mic on and thought that someone might post on the Monday or maybe as late as the Tuesday afterwards ... but I hadn't really considered that submissions could occur indefinitely.

I guess we need to be clearer about how long VOM lasts? :idk:

• Members

Everyone has an opinion - mine is that VOM is an event, just like an open mic. If you show up at the coffee house a day late, you are simply SOL. Probably should be the same here, the submitter can always wait for the next one or simply forward to Freeman for inclusion in the annex.

• Members
Since this is the latest submission we've received so far, we need to think about
how late is late

Well, not to try and inject into the decision making process and keeping in line with the non-:cop: of it all, I have been including entries that run a day or two late. No big deal for me. But I think once all the entries are committed to the archive site and the search engines pick up the latest month, the VOM is more or less a done deal for that month.

My two Cents..

• Members

Everyone has an opinion - mine is that VOM is an event, just like an open mic. If you show up at the coffee house a day late, you are simply SOL. Probably should be the same here, the submitter can always wait for the next one or simply forward to Freeman for inclusion in the annex.

eggzactly! (spelling is intentional....)

• Members
Well, better late than never, so now that you know about the event timing, just re-post it for the upcoming May VOM. I liked the tune.
:)

+++1 - Yea, absoulty. Don't let our wrangling with the rules discourage you. That was a very well done tune. The VOM is still fairly new, this past month was only the 3rd month and we're still beating on the details a wee bit trying to strike the right balance.

On that note, the VOM is always the 2nd Sunday of each month. May's VOM will be on May 11th and be the fourth in the series. So by all means please repost your submission for that event.

:thu:

Archived