D-tuner for acoustic???

Shmoo

• Members

Raj took the words right out of my mouth. Head here:

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=88#

Click on "Associated FAQs," it explains that the GT1 model is used for acoustic instruments and Les Pauls, while the GT2 is more for electric guitars. Make sure you've got enough real estate on your headstock before ordering.

Ellen

• Members

I never trust mechanical devices (like capos) to be perfectly in tune and it is so easy to just match the 4th string (then the first when you go back up) that these things seem kind of a solution for a non-problem. Not to mention that I'm also always retuning some other strings - standard to dropped D to open D to open G to .....

• Members

I never trust mechanical devices (like capos) to be perfectly in tune and it is so easy to just match the 4th string (then the first when you go back up) that these things seem kind of a solution for a non-problem. Not to mention that I'm also always retuning some other strings - standard to dropped D to open D to open G to .....

Same here. In open D right now. Not so much a gadget distrust as it is just as quick, at this point, to change tunings by ear.

• Members
Ugh, I'm sorry, but that seems like just such a waste of money. You can tune the low E against the D string for drop D, it takes 3 seconds.

Question becomes, how simple is that in a noisy room? :idk:

Seems to me that would be the only reason to want something like that where a pre-adjustment is a quick flip.

Or perhaps a small strobe tuner? :idk:

• Members
Question becomes, how simple is that in a noisy room?
:idk:

Seems to me that would be the only reason to want something like that where a pre-adjustment is a quick flip.

Or perhaps a small strobe tuner?
:idk:

Watched Kottke retune both his six and twelves to dropped D (or the equivalent, the 12 was obviously down a couple) while chatting to the audience last friday. Simply matched the 4th (obviously the octave on the 12 would be the same), but matching strings is always the best way to tune a 12. Leo did have a tuner in his signal chain (he would occassionally reach his foot over and stab the button while correcting something).

This is exactly how many of us retune to complete open tunings anyway - the hard part is tuning the 6th back up to E since you need to match to a string 2 octaves higher.

• Members

The good thing about the Brad bender is that there is no mechanical noise amplified through the soundbox, so great for recording with.

I'm gonna fit one one my tak once I have the yamaha repaired.

• Members
$1500!!!

Drilling holes in my guitar?

A box with a hydrolic cable?

No thanks...I'll just use my fingers.

Besides, What would I do the boxes on my feet?

$1500???!!!

Is it???!!!!:eek:

OK I won't be getting one!
I do alot of behind the nut bending witout it, but I love the liquidity of the sound....if liquidity be a word!!:cop:

I have no issues with drilling my guitars though....I am a heathen as has been said before!:lol:
And....it's a mechanical cable.....no hydraulics, that would be crazy!!

Archived