That douchebag Esteban is promoting a new guitar

VengefulTikiGod

• Members

He's at it again, get a load of this:

http://media.hsn.com/esteban-8th-anniversary-limited-edition-31-piece-guitar-set_p-4340421_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=4340421&sf=ec&attr=1042&ocm=ec|1042&prev=hp!sf!1042&ccm=ec|1042

It's a limited edition one, a black classical with a bunch of gaudy roses all over it and a gold painted bridge... Only 8000 in the whole world! Of course it's got the standard unnecessary 10W amp, ten of his DVD's (a four year course!), and, presumably, the Esteban trademark {censored}ty quality. $200. Tack on a crap stand and tuner for an extra $30 plus $7 S&H. Ha. But don't worry, it's "all wood" and "made the same way as a $3000 guitar". Those other guitar stores are making a 'big profit". Brilliant really, telling you that the real guitars are the ripoff. And the coup de grace that I know will really piss some of you guys off--there was a guy calling in who had ordered one that was on its way, claiming to be a disabled vet with hand problems due to a back injury. So either Esteban is hiring people to impersonate disabled veterans, or he has just shipped one of his hand-mutilating monstrosities to a real one without batting an eye. Charming.

• Members

Heh, I bet it'll be posted for sale in the music section of my local fish wrap within a couple of months. I swear, everyone who has ever bought an Esteban has posted it for sale in our news rag as soon as they realized just how big a mistake they made. I mean, the ratio of Estebans to any other maker is just amazing.

• Members

He's at it again, get a load of this:

http://media.hsn.com/esteban-8th-anniversary-limited-edition-31-piece-guitar-set_p-4340421_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=4340421&sf=ec&attr=1042&ocm=ec|1042&prev=hp!sf!1042&ccm=ec|1042

It's a limited edition one, a black classical with a bunch of gaudy roses all over it and a gold painted bridge... Only 8000 in the whole world! Of course it's got the standard unnecessary 10W amp, ten of his DVD's (a four year course!), and, presumably, the Esteban trademark shitty quality. $200. Tack on a crap stand and tuner for an extra $30 plus $7 S&H. Ha. But don't worry, it's "all wood" and "made the same way as a $3000 guitar". Those other guitar stores are making a 'big profit". Brilliant really, telling you that the
real
guitars are the ripoff. And the coup de grace that I know will really piss some of you guys off--there was a guy calling in who had ordered one that was on its way, claiming to be a disabled vet with hand problems due to a back injury. So either Esteban is hiring people to impersonate disabled veterans, or he has just shipped one of his hand-mutilating monstrosities to a real one without batting an eye. Charming.

Why do you hate capitalism?:(

• Members

I had a guitar student with one of those Estebans a few years back...seriously BRUTAL guitar to keep in tune.

In desperation, I finally opened the back plate to attach another spring to the bridge and there were only two holes in the block, one for each spring.:mad:

• Members

The one I saw was pretty bad. Horrible action and constructed in such a way it couldn't be addressed at the saddle or even by neck re-set. I know a fellow who bought one, but that has more to do with his '57 Chevy than the guitar. Some things I can't understand. Hummel figurines. Commemorative plates. Yorkshire Terriers. Golf. But I guess they appeal to some folks.

• Members

Heh, I bet it'll be posted for sale in the music section of my local fish wrap within a couple of months. I swear, everyone who has ever bought an Esteban has posted it for sale in our news rag as soon as they realized just how big a mistake they made. I mean, the ratio of Estebans to any other maker is just amazing.

Same around here. Bunches of Estebans for sale. The asking prices are always somewhere near what the guitars cost new. :confused:

• Members

My friend called me one day to tell me he ordered the Esteban, the dork knew I have every guitar catalog, and website available to get him a good deal on a guitar, but he did it anyway. the bridge was so sharp that it would break strings within a day of changing them. He plays a Takamine now, thanks to me.:thu:

• Members

My niece Anna wanted one of these sooo bad after seeing the infomercial. I told her I would get a guitar for her on her Bday, but not that one. She has no experience with guitars at all. So I took her up to my local GC and showed her the store. I got her into the acoustic room and let her try all brands of guitars. Not one of 'em was an Estecrap. I even put a $3k Martin into her hands so she could hear how they sounded. In the end, she picked up a used Ibanez for 130 bucks. Pickups & strap for another 20. I know she will have a much easier time learning.

• Members

I actually watched that video ad today. I know, I should have had something better to do, but it was raining and I was doing some station flippin after the Cub victory...anyhow......

He actually shows a vid of how the guitars are made...in the factory! All real wood....spruce top and wood back and sides, then spray painted to perfection with black whatever. Quite a funny vid really. His claim is that all the middlemen, distributors are the reason a $3000 guitar costs more than $200. OUch! Who can argue with that logic?

Well for someone watching this ad and who knows nothing about guitars, he's probably a pretty impressive player. He certainly has the look...And what type of person would buy a guitar sold on a tv ad? Especially being sold by someone in a Zorro costume.

I can't wait till Gibson takes to the waves, or Martin, maybe they will have someone dressed up like Batman and sell us a real $3000 black painted guitar with a Bat on it and real blood droplets inbedded in the guitar.

• Members

Mr. Fartboski, I commend you. The character and courage you show by not only admitting to liking Esteban, but in using your real name and likeness should be an inspiration to us all. And I agree. Sort of.

I can't stop watching. I am hypnotized by shills and barkers with a good line of patter. I don't care about the product. Carnies, auctioneers, televangelists... Chef Tony! Three card Monte dealers. Man, it's an art.

Archived