That douchebag Esteban is promoting a new guitar

VengefulTikiGod

• Members

I wish some folks would reflect before they post. Has anyone considered what a comparison to Esteban can do to sully the reputation of the humble, useful, utilitarian douchebag? A little sensitivity, fellows. Unlike Esteban, even a douchebag has it's pride.

• Members

I bought an Estaban off Ebay a few years ago. I wanted a guitar to restring to see if I preferred playing lefty. Cost me $12, and worth every penny. It was a classical. Seemed solid, decent sounding, not loud. Very plain; but none of my guitars have a camaro on them. I sold it for $50, probably worth that, too.

I enjoy the infomercials when I've seen them. I considered buying one, but decided to go a bit higher in quality and bought a Seagull M6 as my first real instrument. No comparison, of course. I couldn't play at all them (not much better now) but I do believe that the better sounding guitar has encouraged whatever improvements I've made.

But I was already middle aged, into a career, and could afford a few hundred bucks (although I was between jobs at the time). Estaban may serve the purpose of getting a cheap guitar into the hands of people without a lot of money and getting them started as player, although I agree there are better ways to go, that would be more likely to encourage continuing. But I suspect the people who are the most disappointed are the people who already know better than to buy one.

• Members

My Dad has trouble sleeping sometimes, he called me and asked me to come over and show him some chords for the guitar he just bought. It didn't take me long to figure out what he bought, 2 am infomercials will get you every time. He bought the classical edition, the action was so high I could fit my finger between the string and 12th fret, I plugged it into the amp that came with it, turned up the distortion and showed him some pentatonic scales, we haven't spoke of it since.

• 12 years later...

Archived