Harp Guitar: What Is it Good For ? Absolutely..

T.B.

• Members

OK. Has anyone every played, owned, or owns a Harp Guitar? I've been watching U-Tube videos of Anderson, Hedges, McKee, playing the Harp. I'm intrigued as much as I'm underwhelmed: I mean really, you pluck on a bass string every know and then... whoopi woo. Get a seven string guitar and be done with it. :rolleyes:

• Members

beyond the 6 strings, the others are sympathetic and vibrate, thus are producing sound when the fretboard is in use. perhaps not a big whoop, but often kind of a nice whoop. had it been a big whoop, i suppose we would see a lot more of them.

• Members

Those Stephen Bennett vids sound good.

I don't know, you've got more strings, more range, a big extra chunk of body, what's not to like? :confused:

I think I'd prefer a "regular" guitar with more strings though, for increased range. Like that 10-string guitar that Egberto Gismonti plays.

• Members

There was a local guy here in town who played a Dyer harp guitar as a solo act. He was very good and sang while playing. He sort of hit the bass notes and chorded in syncopation while singing and it worked well. He had a web site called harpguitarguy.com or something too. It was typical pop stuff like Jimmy Buffet, oldies pop like the Beatles etc. Typical tourist music but his arrangements were very original. He had a pickup and a wireless and walked around the bar playing this huge thing while singing into one of those headset mics.

• Members
There's gotta be a single German word to express that! There are really good at expressing complex ideas in mountain-range-long words.
;)

:lol:

The German word is ... ambivalent. ;)

Don't bust my chops.

• Members

Andy Mckee is a harp guitar enthusiast too. It gives you extra strings as drones.

[YOUTUBE]Cvar4ZsqsEo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FWjZEO3yqI4[/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't mind learning how to play a guitar with even more strings sometime in the future. More versatility for my music.

[YOUTUBE]r2BOApUvFpw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dzu0jr7hUGU[/YOUTUBE]

Archived