Jimmy Rosenberg

Stackabones

• Members

Jimmy Rosenberg is such a great player. He is related to Stecolo Rosenberg (rosenberg trio). I`ve been listening to Jazz manouche since I was a teenager, then I was married to a Romnichel (gypsy) for 14 years. Fascinating culture. I make a stab at playing Gypsy Jazz, but damn sure don`t sound like a ROM.

• Members

I saw the Rosenberg Trio with Stochelo perform three weeks ago here in my hometown Eindhoven (Netherlands). They live less than ten miles away from here near a small village.

Stochelo was as great as ever, but I also had to admire Nous'che Rosenberg for being able to play a steady rhythm guitar at murderous speeds for 45 minutes on end.

• Members

Stochelo was as great as ever, but I also had to admire
Nous'che Rosenberg
for being able to play a steady rhythm guitar at murderous speeds for 45 minutes on end.

He really is amazing and one of the top players. The problem with great rhythm players, especially the greatest, is that they are so good at what they do that they are so transparent -- you look right past them. It's a difficult art to master. In lead playing, you hit a clam and repeat it -- voila! Jazz!!! In rhythm playing, you hit a clam and you're fired.

• Members

He really is amazing and one of the top players. The problem with great rhythm players, especially the greatest, is that they are so good at what they do that they are so transparent -- you look right past them. It's a difficult art to master. In lead playing, you hit a clam and repeat it --
voila! Jazz!!!
In rhythm playing, you hit a clam and you're fired.

Indeed! With rhythm playing it's only the mistakes that will be noticed.

• Members

I totally agree.....rhythm playing at that speed for that amount of time is not easy. I will put on Sweet and Lowdown and play along trying to keep up to the rhythm player...NOT. It takes a special kind of committment to be really good at it.....and like you said, you have to be perfect or your out the door.

Archived