Seasoned Martin D-35 vs. '06 Stanford PSD-28 Comparison Video

rhythmguitar28

• Members

This is great!

I actually like the short clips and appreciate the quick guitar changes. My memory for sound is not that hot, and I think the way this was done helps do away with that problem.

Ultimately I prefer the 35; however, both guitars sound really good and were pretty damn close considering the difference in price. If we were talking about a PSD-28 that had been played for several years, this would have been much harder. I can't fault anything in its sound - reminded me of some really good D-28's I've tried out in that there was a bit more brightness to it in comparison to the somewhat mellower 35.

I still love the D-35 (the model, I mean, in general) and now have heightened Stanford GAS. I'm very curious about their 12-fret dreads, as the price difference between these in particular compared with Martin should be pretty favorable...

• Members

Wow, pretty close between the two. Were you more comforatable playing the Stanford? To me it sounded that way (maybe the wider neck?). I actually talked to the dealer in TN. today and he is not planning on importing any more of the Stanfords. It eveidently took him a while to sell what he had. It seems a shame. He said those who looked at Stanfords ended up buying Eastman's (another brand I never heard of). As intersting as this all is, I will have to relagate it to passing G.A.S. (humour intended) Thanks for your efforts!

• Members

Wow, pretty close between the two. Were you more comforatable playing the Stanford? To me it sounded that way (maybe the wider neck?).
I actually talked to the dealer in TN. today and he is not planning on importing any more of the Stanfords.
It eveidently took him a while to sell what he had. It seems a shame. He said those who looked at Stanfords ended up buying Eastman's (another brand I never heard of). As intersting as this all is, I will have to relagate it to passing G.A.S. (humour intended) Thanks for your efforts!

Oh, now he isn't going to import more of them? That guy is so wishy washy :confused:. He has 2 or 3 models left out of 102 that he originally imported and constantly talks like he'll get more in eventually. I guess it's hard to make a profit on guitars, especially if they don't move quickly. Steve always favored the Eastmans too. I'd rather have a Stanford over 99% of the other sub $1K Bluegrass imports. And yes the 1-3/4 neck and soft "V" contour are a great combination.....Very nice to play unless you have really small hands.

• Members

Bummer. Oh well, I was more in love with that D-35 anyway.

That D-35 has all those years of playing MOJO, kind of like a fine aged wine. Sort of an unfair advantage on a fairly new guitar :D. BTW Neil, I saw your open mic videos on that other thread. You are a fine finger style player. What do you want a HD-35 for? Those are for heavy strumming (j/k) :lol:.

Archived