VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members

Have an idea for this VOM how about a Caper for charity? Many of you know about my current fund raising drive for Homeless Children but this caper could be any charity really. Doesn't have to be tied into mine unless Stack thinks it would be a good idea.

So Stack, what do you think? Every VOM submission could mention the caper and give simple details about how to pay. Someone would have to be willing to be the collector (like Samilyn was for Joe's caper).

The VOM gets so many views that it would be good exposure. I am concerned because donations are way down this year and yet more and more people are in need of help. All we would need to do is decide on a charity and then assign a collector.

You are more than welcome to combine with my charity fund raising efforts but I didn't want to make it about me.

If this all sounds too complicated no problem. Just a brainstorm idea I had.

The VOM Charity Caper!

• Members

I am concerned because donations are way down this year and yet more and more people are in need of help.

Gil, I appreciate your efforts, and I think that it is fine if you want to solicit donations for your charity through your VOM submission -- and I guess that goes for everyone. I don't have any super mod powers to control what is inside your VOM submission.

If you have a cause that you'd like to support within your own VOM submission, I'd leave that to the discretion of each and every VOMer. And if others want to join in, that would be up to an individual VOMer --but asking me to ask, or require that, every VOM submission include a specific charity is a bit much, don't you think? We have a hard enough time establishing a theme for each VOM!

And for your further consideration: there may be folks who have already donated (or are planning to donate) to their favorite charity and may not be able to even spare the extra money for your favorite charity. I know that the charity I support is hurting this year and is asking for everyone to dig a little deeper if possible. One can only dig so deep.

I'm open to ideas from fellow VOMers about this and would like to hear what y'all think.

• Members

Ya got me, Stack. The charity idea is certainly a noble one, but my personal crusade is autism awareness. I'll refrain from jumping on that soapbox because I'm here to unwind. I'm perfectly fine with a holiday theme.

BTW, it seems that we're all gearheads here but every now and then an actual jam breaks out in the form of an online multitrack collaboration. Does anybody have anything like that in mind this time around?

• Members

As Stack Mentioned in the other thread.. We don't lose the VOM. The VOM for this month has been rescheduled for the 3rd Sunday - December 20th, 2009. So don't stash those tunes folks.. Keep 'em handy.

BTW - If you posted via the absentee system at the VOM Archive already - you DO NOT have to repost. It is merely staged up for this coming Sunday.

• Members

1. I already sent an absentee entry last week, so I am all set.
2. Just wanted, since it's the last of this year, to send my heartfelt thanks to Stack and Ohioarrow - you guys don't know the joy you bring to so many. Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to this VOM. I also would like to thank all of you who participate and share your art. I have learned a lot from you, and I have enjoyed your music so much. I'd start listing names, but I would forget someone important, and so I'd rather not.

It's an honor to be associated w/ you guys. I look forward to a new year of VOM entries next year, and I can't wait to enjoy this upcoming one this week end!

• Members

Aw man, I may have to dig up an old recording if what I've been woodshedding on isn't up to snuff yet (I don't know it all the way through yet)

What're the VOM bylaws on recent recordings? Is it kosher if it was recorded since the last VOM1T or is it 30 days?

• Members

Aw man, I may have to dig up an old recording if what I've been woodshedding on isn't up to snuff yet (I don't know it all the way through yet)

What're the VOM bylaws on recent recordings? Is it kosher if it was recorded since the last VOM1T or is it 30 days?

The guideline is since the last VOM, but it's only a guideline and not a rule.

Archived