NGD: Takamine EG5403

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I acquired this guitar in a trade. My wife and I are getting a divorce, and she wasn't going to have access to any of my amps. I had bought that guitar for her as a gift, but she never really took to guitar. She like the bass though, and was going to need something to play it through, so she offered to trade me the Takamine for my Crate Limo. Since I already have another acoustic amp, I thought it was a good trade.

The guitar plays rather nicely. Neck is a little larger than I prefer, but that is minor. It had a clear and brighter tone, but doesn't sound brittle and harsh. Good resonance too. Plugged in it doesn't sound as good as my Parker P6E, but it sounds better than most peizo only acoustic/electrics. The violin burst finish and retro stylings make it look amazing. Here is a picture of if from Elderly:

EG5403SVFT_body-front.jpg

• Members

So you traded in a guitar for a divorce?

Good trade, mate. Mine was more expensive. Cost me 300K :-(

Naw, I get the guitar for an amp. The divorce led to the circumstances that prompted the trade. The divorce isn't over yet, but so far things have been rather smooth. Lets hope they stay that way.

• Members

Naw, I get the guitar for an amp. The divorce led to the circumstances that prompted the trade. The divorce isn't over yet, but so far things have been rather smooth. Lets hope they stay that way.

As long as her solicitor isn't the greedy type, it could work out for you.

But if it turns into a mud-/bloodbath, the jurisdiction makes sure that us males end up being hung, drawn and quartered.

All my best wishes and good luck to you, mate!

• Members

Sorry to hear about the divorce, Dark. Those are never much fun for any of the parties involved. In any case, it's still a nice guitar. I don't usually care for burst finishes on acoustics, but something about this one appeals to me.

My particular one the finish is much darker than in the picture, but I think it looks better.

• Members

Sorry about the divorce. Hope you don't have kids. From my own experience as someone with divorced parents, kids always get the worst deals from the parents' divorce. If you do have kids, then you and your soon-to-be-ex wife will still need to get along and work together in raising the kids. That's the best you can do.

• Members

Sorry about the divorce. Hope you don't have kids. From my own experience as someone with divorced parents, kids always get the worst deals from the parents' divorce. If you do have kids, then you and your soon-to-be-ex wife will still need to get along and work together in raising the kids. That's the best you can do.

Fortunately we do not have any kids. It was only two weeks ago she was hounding me to get her pregnant. When asked why she wanted to have a baby with me when she wanted to be with someone else, she answered, "So I would have a reason to stay". :facepalm:

• Members

Fortunately we do not have any kids. It was only two weeks ago she was hounding me to get her pregnant. When asked why she wanted to have a baby with me when she wanted to be with someone else, she answered, "So I would have a reason to stay".
:facepalm:

Sounds like you're better off. Unfortunate.

Archived