The Low Anthem on Letterman

Stackabones

• Members

Anyone see them on Letterman? Parlor guitar, musical saw, crotales, upright bass, harmonica, pump organ, three- and four-part harmonies! Just a four-piece band.

Not from Letterman, but this is the song they performed.

[YOUTUBE]1jQHKdNAWQo[/YOUTUBE]

Just ordered the CD. :thu:

mar09_lowanthem.JPG

• Members

Thanks for posting this, Stack--I actually just discovered this group only a few weeks ago, and I've been playing their recent album nonstop! :love:

My other new discovery is a guy from Indiana named Otis Gibbs.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Lot's of good stuff out there if one looks around! :thu:

• Members

Thanks for posting that vid, TAH! Very nice.

JJ, great tune from Otis Gibbs. Wow, what a song!

I ordered the recent disc from the Low Anthem from amazon, and then I went to LA's website and ordered the one just before it (by doing this I'll get the CD in a few days but I got to dl the whole album last night and have been listening).

• Members

Nice. If it were any more minimalist, it'd be a cappella.
:)

It was almost too minimalist for me. The harmonies were good and it was a catchy tune, but it didn't have enough pizazz for my tastes :idk:. To each his own, I suppose.

Here's a song from one of my favorite Americana/roots rock groups:

[YOUTUBE]j6KogQdDbvU[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Lot's of good stuff out there if one looks around!
:thu:

nice, great thread, was listening to these different performers last night after jamming in me basement....

what guitar is Otis Gibbs playing, sounds great but can't tell from the headstock?

Thanks guys :thu:

also, did anyone see the official vid for charlie darwin? cool...

• Members

What a great palette of tones, melody, harmony, and cool instruments! I've been surfing the 'tube ever since that first haunting note, looking for more of them.

y'all turn me on to more music, I swear.

Oh, and, erm ... not to nit, but in the cut I found of them at Glastonbury, there's an electric guitar on stage, too. It's all music. Play what brings you joy.

• Members

What a great palette of tones, melody, harmony, and cool instruments! I've been surfing the 'tube ever since that first haunting note, looking for more of them.

y'all turn me on to more music, I swear.

Oh, and, erm ... not to nit, but in the cut I found of them at Glastonbury, there's an electric guitar on stage, too. It's
all
music. Play what brings you joy.

Blind Lead the Blind

:thu: Cool link.

• Members

Be sure to stick around till the end when he whistles into two cell phones and gets the craziest sound. What's going on here? I've had portable phones make crackling noises in my speakers -- is the same idea. Those waves shooting into the mic and mingling with the whistling?

[YOUTUBE]GfoR_PwqR6I[/YOUTUBE]

Archived