Funny Craig's List E-mail

seagullplayer77

• Members

I'm looking to get rid of my LR Baggs Mixpro (check out my spam if you're interested) and I put it up on Craig's List last night. By noon today, I had two E-mails of people that were interested. I figured "Great! I'll get rid off this, no problem."

I haven't heard back from the first guy yet, but here's what the second guy said:

I'm glad you still have it for sale,i would have love to come pick it up myself,but my scheduled is very tight.I will mail out your payment once you provide your full name.phone number and address.I can only pay via money order or check as am on a business trip now in the U.K,pls let me know where to send your payment to because i wouldn't want to lose it to some else.I don't mind adding thirty ($30) dollars so you can keep it in my favor,you should get your payment in 4-6 working days i will appreciate if you can get the ad off craigslist so i can be sure you are keeping it in my favor.Please let me know as soon as you receive it so i can start making arrangement for the pick-up.

Once I got to "I will mail out your payment," the guy was toast. But the rest of the message makes for a humorous read :p.

I replied and gave him the whole "I'm sure you're an honest guy" bit, then told him that I only accepted cash and trades---sorry, but no checks or money orders.

So . . . if anyone's looking for a preamp ;-). Seriously. Take a look at my spam post (over in the FX forum) and PM me if you're interested.

• Members

I've sold three fiddles, two mandolins, jack stands, car ramps, a band saw, a table saw, a Black & Decker Workmate and a bicycle carrier/rack all on Craig's List within the past year or so. I've been lucky in that they were all local buyers who met me on neutral turf and paid cash.

Lotta scammers out there these days. The world is full of 'em!

• Members

I've sold three fiddles, two mandolins, jack stands, car ramps, a band saw, a table saw, a Black & Decker Workmate and a bicycle carrier/rack all on Craig's List within the past year or so. I've been lucky in that they were all local buyers who met me on neutral turf and paid cash.

I very rarely have issues, but they do pop up every once in a while. I was looking to buy a laptop a few years ago, and almost every other E-mail I got back was a scam of some sort. I'm in the UK and I'll ship it to you using a reliable service and you'll put your money in escrow, that kind of thing.

But a preamp? I mean, come on. Crooks will do anything to make a buck, I suppose :idk:.

• Members

OH yeah!? I've sold 6 cars, 5 guitars, a set of steer horns, and a car stereo. I win... wait why the hell have I sold so much stuff? Damn you craigslist!!!!!!

• Members

A guess you just get some chancers but who is gonna send out their gear without the money being payed..

Personally i deal with your equivalent of Craiglist namely Gumtree and have sold several items as well as purchased several

and also as said had 2 guitars namely the Alvarez and Seagull mini Jumbo delivered to ma house.. face to face is the best way to deal with anyone

a reckon as you can always say aye or no and ive said both

in different sales..though the vast majority of people are fine ive

came across when selling items..Or is it something to do with the USA

being dodge city and all Cowboys ;)

• Members

A guess you just get some chancers but who is gonna send out their gear without the money being payed..

Personally i deal with your equivalent of Craiglist namely Gumtree and have sold several items as well as purchased several

and also as said had 2 guitars namely the Alvarez and Seagull mini Jumbo delivered to ma house.. face to face is the best way to deal with anyone

a reckon as you can always say aye or no and ive said both

in different sales..though the vast majority of people are fine ive

came across when selling items..Or is it something to do with the USA

being dodge city and all Cowboys
;)

That's right, tartanlad. We're all a bunch of heathens walking around with a gun on our hip and a chip on our shoulder and we'll drop your mindless ass in the blink of an eye and the drop of a hat.

Don't believe everything you see on TV, Stevie. I lived in Europe for seven years too.....you can get your head thumped over there, too. You've already told us some stories about some of your experiences.......remember?

• Members

Opa..Exactly many nutters here and no doubt shall bump into a number of

them today it depends where you go but i tend nowadays to avoid such

as for saying Cowboys actually thats the nickname we give to Glaswegians

people fae Glasgow..Anyhow just was joking about such on that part really

i know majority are fine in USA as here and every Country

but we all do get as id call them Cowboys trying their luck

happen to call dodgy people Cowboys here. :):wave:

• Members

Opa..Exactly many nutters here and no doubt shall bump into a number of

them today it depends where you go but i tend nowadays to avoid such

as for saying Cowboys actually thats the nickname we give to Glaswegians

people fae Glasgow..Anyhow just was joking about such on that part really

i know majority are fine in USA as here and every Country

but we all do get as id call them Cowboys trying their luck

happen to call dodgy people Cowboys here.
:):wave:

The world's a crazy place, no matter where you live. I've long believed that we need more insane asylums.

• Members

When a go out soon and theres been many pubs packed early this afternoon

i walk in and many are halve-pissed with being out fae early aft..

It always reminds me of the film with Jack Nicholson

"One flew over The Cockoos nest" and i am meaning the woman :lol:

Anyhow catch ye the morra (tomorrow) tke care :thu::wave:

• Members

Tartanlad, no merch is sent. They don't want the merch. Works like this:

They will send a check for more than the item is worth. They'll say the bookeeper/secretary made an error. They ask you to send them back the overpayment in a money order/cashiers check. Since their check will post as a deposit to your account, you believe it has cleared. Trouble.

The check is forged, drawn on a non-existant account. It can take a week, ten days for the check to actually clear, and you are held responsible. One hopes the amount you sent is not in excess of your balance, or real trouble.

So they hope the lag time is enough to trade bad money for good. Kinda like buying a pack of smokes with a counterfeit $100 bill. The smokes are a bonus. They really want the change.

Archived