Nylon-string grande bouche gypsy jazz guitar

Stackabones

• Members

There's another company that offers a gut-string gypsy axe, but I don't recall the name at the moment...think it might've been reviewed, a year or two ago, in Acoustic Guitar, though.

Seems like the list was around $900, so street was closer to $600, maybe...Brother Paschal may know more.

Not much help, I realize...

• Members

, though.

Seems like the list was around $900, so street was closer to $600, maybe...Brother Paschal may know more.

Not much help, I realize...

Manouche & Shelly Park have models, and there may be more -- it's been a while since I've looked into these. I can't recall seeing any ever being under $1K. This one may be the most affordable on the market. There was speculation that Gitane would put out something along the lines of the D500 in its price range, but it appears that speculation was just that.

• Members

If MF or M123 carry it, then it'll be discounted 30% off list (which is standard for all the Gitane items that they carry). So if $1295 is list, then the online price should drop to $906 (or $899).

If you time it right for the Thanksgiving/Christmas discounts, you may get 15-20% off. So you may be able to get it for $719 to $764.

That'd be the buying strategy I'd use.

• Members

Very interesting. Do you recall anything about him?

Not much. He seems to post on Vancouver CL every 6 months to a year selling off these beautiful hand made guitars he builds [very inexpensively for what they are, I might add], but he doesn't provide many details.

• Members

This seems like the right thread to post a question! :thu:

So I just started playing guitar and I'd like to learn gipsy guitar. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a teacher close to me who is good at gipsy. I just have one question: what is the technique for playing the rhythmic background chord parts? How are the strings muted after each chords? In every video I find on gipsy chords, the camera moves away from the right hand part :facepalm:

• Members

There is a YouTube that goes into Gypsy rhythm technique. IIRC it's a down followed by a quick up then the mute, but I'm sure others will chime in with more knowledge shortly.

I found a video already but it doesn't explain how the mute is done.

• Members

This seems like the right thread to post a question!
:thu:

So I just started playing guitar and I'd like to learn gipsy guitar. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a teacher close to me who is good at gipsy. I just have one question: what is the technique for playing the rhythmic background chord parts? How are the strings muted after each chords? In every video I find on gipsy chords, the camera moves away from the right hand part
:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRMrMxgfn4#t=38s

If I catch your question correctly, what you do is slightly release pressure from the fretting hand so that the chord stops ringing.

Have you been here? http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/ Very good forums full of all kinds of info and resources. Pretty friendly community.

• Members

This seems like the right thread to post a question!
:thu:

So I just started playing guitar and I'd like to learn gipsy guitar. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a teacher close to me who is good at gipsy. I just have one question: what is the technique for playing the rhythmic background chord parts? How are the strings muted after each chords? In every video I find on gipsy chords, the camera moves away from the right hand part
:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yRMrMxgfn4#t=38s

They are muted by your palm and as Stack said a release of the chord with your left hand.. Start with downstrokes only at first and work your way up to the "hickup" or short upstroke.

Archived