My brother the basterd!!!

danxrs05

• Members

Ok so I own a Martin D-15 which I love but I have been looking for another acoustic guitar to bring around the fire during the summer. (and camping)

So my brother spotted a Sigma (made by Martin back in the 80's and 90's. I dont know if they still make them) froem a friend and borrowed it a few days.

It has a solid spruce top and laminated indian rosewood back and sides. It looks absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

It has the original receipt from 1989 and has almost no sign of wear.

It is a dreadnought but I don'T remember the model.

It has its own hard case.

The receipt shows a price of 300$ back in 1989.

The basterd paid 20$ for it coz the guy was desperate to buy some booze!!!!!

:facepalm:

But hey...they were both happy but I believe my brother is the winner in this deal.

It sounds awesome, looks like new and it is allready 21 years old!! It's older than him! haha

Well. I had to share that story.

I have to find alcoholic friends with guitars! :idea:

• Members

I aint any alcoholic only drink normally once a wk at wkend

Have 12 cans in house Belhaven Best the noo and still unopened as not much of a drinker in house although i do binge drink when out the one night a wk

As for the guitar you mention maybe the guy stole it fae somewhere ?

as why just tke such a low amount for a very gd guitar which cost such way back when ?

• Members

I aint any alcoholic only drink normally once a wk at wkend

Have 12 cans in house Belhaven Best the noo and still unopened as not much of a drinker in house although i do binge drink when out the one night a wk

As for the guitar you mention maybe the guy stole it fae somewhere ?

as why just tke such a low amount for a very gd guitar which cost such way back when ?

Was not stolen.

Received it as a gift a few months ago from a relative and doesn't play guitar.

He really doesn't give a {censored} about music or instruments so he did not care.

I would have done the same thing as my brother did though.

• Members

I got that beat by a mile! I had an uncle who had alot of issues with drinking, he had most of his stuff stored in my parents attic growing up. Up in the mix with the rest of his stuff was a late 60's early 70's SG in MINT condition. It stayed up in the attic in the case for a decade. After high school I started playing and he would come by and teach me some stuff now and then. One day I asked him about the SG he told me he came by two months ago and grabbed it to sell it for two 30 packs.

• Members
I got that beat by a mile! I had an uncle who had alot of issues with drinking, he had most of his stuff stored in my parents attic growing up. Up in the mix with the rest of his stuff was a late 60's early 70's SG in MINT condition. It stayed up in the attic in the case for a decade. After high school I started playing and he would come by and teach me some stuff now and then. One day I asked him about the SG he told me he came by two months ago and grabbed it to sell it for two 30 packs.

That is a sad and painful story. Mojo, MME. :cry:

• Members
I was joking about the alcohol.

It is one of his friends who does not play guitar and wanted a little money so they were both taking advantage of the situation.

He does not have a alcohol problem
:)

Why would you joke about something like that?

• Members
Was not stolen.

Received it as a gift a few months ago from a relative and doesn't play guitar.

He really doesn't give a {censored} about music or instruments so he did not care.

I would have done the same thing as my brother did though.

Not meant really about saying possibly it was stolen although just have to watch when buying used nowadays a guess as nothing would be worse than say out playing the guitar in your town and someone sais Hey that is so and so's guitar :blah::blah:

I personally bought a Seagull Guitar fae a bloke fae S.Africa he stays in Scotland with his Scottish girlfriend/wife whatever and delivered the Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo to ma house in a flightcase also..i payed

• Members

I wanted one of those very badly in 1989/90. I had a Sigma classical, but wanted a flattop, and those sounded quite good for the price. But as I was in high school, jobless, and in plays/choirs/bands which occupied all of my time, I lived without such until now.

Now. Well, my Takamine is nicer than any Sigma I ever played. But I remember pining away for one of those nice guitars.

Archived