Which of the following string instruments would you like to play?

KATMAN

• Members

So many wonderful string things to choose from and so little time to learn 'em all.

Being thoroughly enamored of ancient traditional music, I've always wanted to learn to play the harp, so that would be my choice, followed by hammered dulcimer and dulcimer.

• Members

I listen to a lot of music from the late Christian artist Rich Mullens. He played guitar and hammered dulicmer. He was an expert at the hammered dulicmer and could make it sound incredible. Thing about them is if they are played fast,they are neat,but if they're played slow they sound like a beginner is playing one.

Me,I'd just wish I could play the mandolin and resonator and lot better than I do. :facepalm:

• Members

So many wonderful string things to choose from and so little time to learn 'em all.

Being thoroughly enamored of ancient traditional music, I've always wanted to learn to play the harp, so that would be my choice, followed by hammered dulcimer and dulcimer.

The dulcimer is really not that hard,if you play with a noter.Chords however stretch out the fingers and I find it painful when I try.

• Members

The dulcimer is really not that hard,if you play with a noter.Chords however stretch out the fingers and I find it painful when I try.

Actually, I feel like it has more to do with the angle that you need to put your fretting hand. And, of course fretting with your thumb is pretty weird. I found that playing a harp was a bit of a hassle with the callouses on my left hand; kept getting hung up on the strings. Playing hammered dulcimer at any speed is very satisfying to me, slow just means you have to have good timing.

Bob

• Members

I listen to a lot of music from the late Christian artist Rich Mullens. He played guitar and hammered dulicmer. He was an expert at the hammered dulicmer and could make it sound incredible. . . .

An older guy at church plays the hammer dulcimer. Until a couple of years ago I'd never heard one up close. Amazing, airy sounding instruments.

Archived